Trying to run 3000 pounds of trim NEED HELP

Hey guys I’m interested in running 3000 pounds a trim a day and wanted to know what are my best options. I have looked into the A.E.S from pinnacle stainless but they don’t allow the crude to be winterized.

Capna atles seems like a good option because the oil can be winterized but I read somewhere on the forums that it’s an extra step if you want to extract up to 95%

Delta separations seems like you need to keep buying filters every 1-2 days and I’m not too sure if it’ll get the crude to winterize

C.E.S has maxxtract which states it can run 200 pounds an hour which will work but I haven’t seen anyone using it.

Any recommendation on how to approach this on a big scale

1 Like

What s your end product ?
Don t forget about ace spinner the brand that is

2 Likes

Sounds like you really need your hand held. I suggest you take the buy a clue option, click on the “consulting” tab at the top of the site, and find someone who understands your problems and can help you.

You’ve got two main routes to consider when talking to your chosen consultant: do a 24/h day work schedule, which means you only need to do ~125lb/hr, but you need a LOT more people. Do a realistic 8/h day work schedule, and target ~375lb/hr.

You can do 125lb/hr with pretty much off the shelf equipment. 375lb/hr takes a lot more custom work and equipment if you don’t just buy three sets of 125lb/hr equipment, but will cost you far less than 3x 125lb/hr.

Otherwise, the search bar is also at the top of the page. You’ve got a LOT of learning to do.

3 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtSUcS8BhZK/

4 Likes

you’ll need a fair amount of gear for that throughput.

if you haven’t read @Photon_noir’s Ethanol Extraction White Paper I suggest you start there.

the Ace30 should be able to do 120lb/hr…and currently available FFE’s can keep up with it.

Hbz’s fuge is bigger. your bottle neck then becomes solvent recovery. you’ll need ~100gal/hr or better to keep up. I haven’t seen anybody claiming that recovery rate yet, but would assume @highestzen has something they can recommend.

if you’re then aiming at distillate, your WFE will cost you your other arm and leg.

7 Likes

Pretty sure Pinnacle has a winterization skid out now…
I was just up there a month or so ago

1 Like

I was looking into 2 cup-30 , a FFE and a WFE but I’m not sure if that’s all I need to make distillate.

Filtration unit

You will need more then that for sure. You need redundancy in your production line to deal with maintenance and cleaning without having to stop production as well as ovens, a way to decarb at volume, filter presses, a ton of filter media (no pun intended), pumps for moving solvent/tincture around, homogenization equipment, chillers/heaters, holding tanks, basic remediation equipment (LLE, reaction vessels, chromatography columns…) to deal with unexpected issues with source material/oil, CIP (clean in place) equipment, and a very very long list of ancillary equipment. The key questions: what are the loacal maximum allowable quantities for the solvent of choice and other solvents that may be used, power limitations, warehouse size, budget, and time frame. I can help let’s chat. DM me.

5 Likes

What @Jay-TL says here, and others’ thoughts on the matter may be useful to you @logix!

1 Like

Im pretty sure bizzybees FFE is hitting 100 gallons an hour now.

2 Likes

thanks! @Photon_noir

1 Like

Possibly.

Wasn’t there last time I was in his shop.

Any idea what his lead times are at this point? I like his footprint and head height.

In fact I think all the gear I’ve seen from Bizzybee is top notch.

5 Likes

I can help you with the wipe film distillation. I have set up a wipe film that can process 200L per 8 hour in CA before. I can quote you for the wipe film distillation unit that can process 3000 lb of trim.
Also, the equipment I deliver is dual stage. So you only need to run once to get 90%+ distillate. DM me if you need to see the pricing.

4 Likes

cp1506@yahoo.com interested send me a quote and picture

Agreed!

A WFE that can process trim?

1 Like

You could. You need to turn trim into crude oil first.
But most people will sell trim directly. And use biomass for making crude oil, and that is more reasonable $ wise.
I see people making THC distillate from trim. They have nice yield, due to high THC concentration in flowers.