Trulieve Cannabis reports receiving $113M in 280E tax refunds

I think it’s a pretty sweet move to amend your last 5 years taxes saying that you were growing Thca hemp from the start and should be allowed to be treated to the same tax benefits as hemp.

This is next level tax fraud shit. Isn’t her husband in jail right now……

This is the biggest middle finger to the government.

4 Likes

Many plea bargains are struck, because the goverment would rather give you a deal, then get overturned on appeal.

1 Like

I ended up not taking that position and they found someone else in a couple weeks. I ended up leading R&D (still underpaid but it was more interesting). After a couple years and winning the company a dozen awards for the products I developed, I moved to another company for a few dollars more an hour.

I can’t speak for other people, but I work in this industry because I care about Marijuana. If I were to keep my education relevant, I would have to work with people I don’t like, and I don’t like them because they are a bunch of nerds (academia) and puppets of the Devil (med/pharma).

4 Likes

Atleast your hate is well placed!

There’s like a 2% chance that’s what they did, they probably just found costs they could move from SG&A to COGS (or found errors in Harvest’s taxes before they acquired them, etc). Either way the IRS likely still has to review it and it could be reversed with a penalty added, who knows.

Either way I hope they found a way to cut down 280E!

1 Like

Im pretty sure thats exactly what they did… kim rivers said something along those lines in the latest earning call. I just didnt think of a creative way to amend all the mmtcs tax returns.

they shouldnt have to pay 280e taxes on “legal hemp thca” we want a refund of overpaid taxes… lol

2 Likes

I’ll just leave this here and say it came from a CPA at a top firm and I didn’t pay for it so I’m putting it in the public domain. It’s an IRS memo RE: 280e and sec 471

4 Likes