Trim to distillate

That depends on how old? It could be cbn now vs good ole thc.

About 6 months old? It’s old Suver Haze buds that we could not sell. Do you think we could make anything from it?

1 Like

You can always make something out of it, can you get rid of it is the question.

Good point, let me rephrase. Do you think we could make anything from it that is worth selling? Or would we just lose money?

That is not a question i can answer. You know your operating costs and your market. If i was you assuming you have more than a few lbs of it, i would make a small run and send for testing to give you a general idea of what you have as far as cannabinoids and in what amounts and then figure out if it is worth it to you based on what the testing tells you have and if it fits into tour retail market/wholesale which ever you do. Tincture, disty, crude its all about the net. You dont light $10 bills on fire to find $8 is my business plan.

2 Likes

Average yield for me from trim to distillate via cold EtOH extraction is 10%. So for me, 1kg of distillate (usually tests between 85-90% THC) would require ~22lb.

Here’s some data:

2 Likes

what are you currently set up to achieve?

if you’ve got all the gear to get to isolate, and know how to get from there to D8, there might be a market.

if you don’t have basic extraction gear, you’re looking at burning a huge pile of $100 bills to enter a saturated market.

1 Like