Triisobutylaluminum

Please be careful with Raney nickel…

14 Likes

Seconded
:flushed:

5 Likes

Raney can get equal numbers as pd/c
Most important is the sparrging of h2 has to be done treu diffiusion stone sintered stainless I use and if possible on more than one location use a stirrer that pushes down to keep the h2 insolution as long as possible
If all is done well the consumption of h2 is so high no visible H2 bubbles are in the reaction vessel in the first 60 minutes

1 Like

It’s still a racemic mixture that you have to isolate further. There’s better hydrogenation routes

It s always racimic
99% Thc d8 as starting material will give 30% R and 70% S
99% thc D9 will give 74% R and 26% S
Most common is made from 70%d9/30% d8
Isomerizarion product giving 60% R/40%S

Only a few will make a first class thc d9 isomerization distillate and make it HHC
For the value is less

Trescolabs Germany does since having this magic reagent for high thc ( non phyroforic)
And Beeing illegal so useless to them
They convert it to HHC which is a legal eindproduct

5 Likes

O yes not having to use H2 but making it in situ is a lot better

I’ve sent you a DM. Anyone else interested in using triisobutylaluminium for high d9 conversions, feel free to reach out as well. Afterall, It is my SOP you’re talking about :grin:

7 Likes

Is it tho?

4 Likes

Nope you wish I never got your sop
And honestly triisobutylaluminium is only key for cbd-a isomerization there are non pyrophiric reagents with minimal % difrences
Compared to tri
Tri is king but the effort and time it cost are big compared to the others

4 Likes

Indeed it is. If anyone on this forum was giving out an SOP utilizing triisobutylaluminium before I was then it’s news to me. Is this in dispute now? I don’t see how it could be

1 Like

You may not have gotten it directly from me Rogue but the post history doesn’t lie. I had developed that SOP long before you touched your first bottle of tiba in hexanes

2 Likes

That s probably treu can t remember the first to put me on the tiba path
But I got to a sop by trail and error
Would have been a lot cheaper if it was for sale at the time for that sop has cost me an fortune buying tiba on the black market
But yes I was late at the game

1 Like

Tiba tolueen was my first trails

1 Like

It is true. Anyone looking to buy the triisobutylaluminium SOP from its progenitor, feel free to hmu

2 Likes

Any hints on safer catalysts? :thinking:

3 Likes

Indeed. Has sparked my inquisitiveness.

I wish people would start looking into enzymes over catalysts personally

2 Likes

I have already mentioned it and it s a combo not 1 reagent

3 Likes

I don’t have experience with enzymes, but I would love to have a plug for silicon supported organometallics. Found some papers that point to supported catalysts being much safer and more useful than powdered catalysts. I’ve already nailed the “fancy beads” for d8 production, but haven’t found too many options for the more exotic catalyst systems.

3 Likes

lol, I hear TIBAL wasn’t even a lewis acid until you got ahold of it.

2 Likes