Trichome Institute

Not sure where else to post on this. The Trichome Institute offers educational courses on many different cannabis based topics. Over the holiday I purchased an online course access for half off. Interested to see what information they have and seeing what I can learn. Was surprised to not see any information on this, being a new course and concept of cannabis interpener, similar to wine sommelier. I was seeing if the community had exposure or had even heard of this institute and course. I will be sure to at least give a personal take on the course after I complete.

2 Likes

I’m aware of the institute. Looking forward to hearing your review

I guess “interpener” sounds more educated than bud sniffer :thinking:

Dude! I just got my bud sniffing degree!!

I’m curious how or even if they address indica/sativa/hybrid, given that those designations don’t seem to offer much discrimination.

4 Likes

Can’t argue that, and although I know the industry is filled with educated, and uneducated, individuals there is still a heavy stigma against cannabis. Call me whatever, just need a nose full of terps :laughing:
I think a large appealing aspect is really breaking down what you’re smelling and seeing and projecting how it will effect you on a psychotropic level. This is kind of correlative to your second point

Working on moving away from sativa and indica and the typical effects associated. Its more about the leaf spectrum and bud growth. It’s amazingly wild stuff and just interesting to listen Max Montrose and his associates talk cannabis. I’m pretty versed in bud analysis and by no means seek validation, just extremely curious to get the whole picture of knew ideas and thought processes in a highly developing industry.

1 Like

Trichome institute is a degree that sounds quite sticky. I couldnt pay attention in high school but I think I could enjoy this school alot. If this is a pure profit institute the education could be less than satisfying. I am hoping this was created by people with passion in the industry.

1 Like

Interpening is the Pig Latin of Cannabis

Change My Mind
2 Likes

What I “interpen” is a bit different, possibly one interested in a business venture in the world of cannabis? :face_with_monocle::man_shrugging:

1 Like

I still haven’t made it through the entirety of the course, yet about halfway through it’s been a great experience. If anyone is not familiar or wondering the passion for cannabis,

check out Max Montrose on any social media. There is a short on YouTube from leaf buyer called Spliff Busters, quick and filled with tidbits. This guy is passionate about cannabis, from the history and botany of the plant to the high quality marijuana the industry is looking for. I do not believe this is some pure profit gimmick.
The Cannabist and DOPE Magazine as well as a few cannabis cups, not specific HighTimes, have used and vouched for methodology from this course.

Is this in regards to Pig Latin being a made up language? If scientific terminology is made up, hmm. This course pushes toward botanically correct terminology in relation to the cannabis plant, not made up terms developed from years of Black Market trade and lack of education. “Bananas” anyone!? This is just a common term the industry knows and is familiar with. There is a lot of meat to the course, I am only about 3 hours in out of 5.
I recognize some information presented is common or even known in the OG community of cultivators/extractors.

TL;DR You will learn something, maybe even get accredited. Take it for what you will.

1 Like