Thoughts on distillation directly from plant material.

I suggest room temp or near it.

1 Like

Bumping a bit of a dated thread here but I recently came across a presentation that had me thinking about destructive distillation and where it’s headed.
There’s a Israel company that goes by CannaRX (Izun Pharmaceuticals) that has been working on an destructive distillation technique/machine for the last few years. In the end they bind the cannabinoids with a protein for easier delivery but the extraction method remains the same. Presentations & patents are worth watching and reading if you’re interested in this technique.

VCT Extraction Machine Overview : //https:www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXyZLYN-fMA
Presentation/Reasoning for Destructive Distillation : //CannaTech 2017 - Israel Under the Hood - From Pharma to Canna - YouTube
Patent for Technique/Machine : //WO2018047190A1 - Plant matter smoke and vapor collection device - Google Patents
Patent for Protein Binding : //WO2018163187A1 - Stabilized protein-bound cannabinoid compositions - Google Patents
(// added to URL so I could post the links)

Extraction Machine Overview
overview

Thoughts?

2 Likes

you stoners are no good at this, your dosing is just so unpredictable…so we figured we’d smoke the cannabis for you…

Edit: definitely gets points for going around everyone else’s patents. probably works too.

4 Likes

What @cyclopath said! Also wondering what sorts of proteins would enhance delivery since cannabinoids operate on G-coupled protein receptors. :thinking:

4 Likes

I have seen this bitumen-like product left over from crude that was either a) not filtered/scrubbed properly and/or b) extracted too aggressively (extracting material from the green leafy part of the plant vs. just trichomes). It’s a nasty mess that ends up requiring solvents specifically suited to tar and asphalt removal. Drives me nuts but that’s why I always run a small test batch before committing to a new customer for tolling. Seems to be a lot of new folks in the game who want to get their crude quick and easy without understanding the consequences of their extraction methods. I’ve also considered offering filtering/scrubbing as an additional service to avoid such ass pain as well.

2 Likes