THC Free Crystallization Resistant Distillate

CBD distillate can be partially converted (isomerized?) to CBC to prevent it from crystallizing.

This leads me to believe CBD isolate can be melted and partially isomerized, making it THC free and crystal resistant.

Am I missing something here? Anyone try this?

6 Likes

I think this might be what the hemp barn is doing considering the higher CBC in the coa. I tired a cbd distillate cart from them and it only started crystalizng when I got toward the last 1/4 of the cart and I’m a little puzzled why.

@future I 1000% doubt it. I have done so much digging with all the d8 d10 masquerades… whatever it isomerizes too may come out near CBC, but until one of the true professionals on here proves me otherwise, it is my understanding that it is impossible to isomerize THC or CBD into CBC. Its thermodynamically way uphill, as carbon bonds would have to be cleaved, the exact opposite reaction of the synthase action. Any basic isomerization, to my knowledge will only close those rings and further degrade those molecules into soup that most labs cant/wont test for, including but way not limited to D8 and d10. CBD seems to easily fall to d8

If I were to make crystal resistant cbd distillate id just crystallize any available cbd from my remediated oil

2 Likes

They’re not making CBC they’re making delta 10. MgO in the flask will raise the pH enough to make a little delta 10

4 Likes

That makes sense. Base-catalyzation will take you to D10 and Acid-catalyzation will lead to D8. I’d put my money on the CBC noted above is actually D10. Often mistaken as such.

3 Likes

Based on conversations I’ve had with the analytical supervisor at the testing lab I work with, we are indeed generating CBC as well as d10 (10a) but, this is without using any kind of intentional catalytic reaction. Seems to be the result of something the CO2 pulls from certain batches.

His perception is that he is definitely identifying the CBC, and does not quantify the d10 peaks.

3 Likes

Idk man @extractepic has tons of data that proves the opposite. Hes about to drop a white paper on d10.

@anon93688

Can you make CBC through base isomerization of CBD? Idk if you can talk about it but I figured I’d ask.

I don’t think you can reasonably say “proves the opposite” although it may infer something. There’s literally no telling at this point what the catalyst is that is the culprit in my instance. Especially considering that when I ran the waste again, I got a significantly higher peak of it, yet am experiencing zero crystallization. Whereas d10 seems to like to nucleate spontaneously.

Hes developed test standards to identify d10, I’ve had several chemist tell me CBC is very hard to make, I doubt your analytical facility can accurately determine the difference between d10 and CBC. You’ve posted tests in the d10 thread talking about CBC and a bunch of people said that’s inaccurate. Especially considering the amount of d8 you’re making. Idk I trust an organic chemist over and analytical test facility.

The guy I’m talking with is a PHD chemist… :sweat_smile:

Is he the one claiming you’re making CBC with all that d8 in there? You do remember the conversation were talking about right? I can go find the post.

I’m talking about a completely different batch dude.

The one that had d8 was spd with neutral bentonite. I’ve got some 50 other test results that show a CBC peak as well as a non-quantified d10 peak on the graph. These were all done in a WF.

So you think you’re making CBC with everything then? Because you thought that " batch "had CBC in it too. You must have a catalyst to be able to create it so much lol

Yea thats not CBC with bentonite in there. Maybe the other but I use bentonite on every distillation and I know it doesnt create CBC

Just saying…

I’ll wait for @anon93688 or @Krative to step in, I trust there o chem

I showed him the results of that conversation, I’m no expert in this field, he says he’s fully confident in his identification.

I’m definitely not making it with every batch, it’s only certain trim supply that yields it. Beyond that, my pH always reads acidic (~5.5), which it seems base reactions are what creates d10. I’m pretty savvy on what everyone here thinks about this whole situation, I’m making the best judgement I can based on the information I have at hand.

Let’s get that d10 standard figured out, because if I’m right this is an entirely new can of worms.

2 Likes

I can agree on that one. If somehow you were really make CBC it would open the doors for CBC and cbl creation. And who knows whatever else

1 Like

There’s no way in hell I can see CBD or ∆9 undergoing a single step conversion to CBC. If you can make a plausible reaction mechanism for that I’ll be very impressed. I’ll look more into it today.

3 Likes