Test Results Over 100%

If they’re legit they shouldn’t need their customers to tell them that they need recalibration.

Agreed, but they should also be responsive when there is an issue.

I’ve had a lab argue for several weeks before admitting that they got it wrong.

Even though I told them the expected concentration range, they injected too little sample to actually quantitate the THC in my CBD tincture. Missed by a factor of 10!

Tech should have noticed it was below their LOQ and reinjected. Their LIMS should have flagged it. The lab director ostensibly signs each one…

And they should have retested immediately when I showed them their own test results on the concentrate that went into the tincture.

You can’t dilute a 20:1 concentrate and magically have it become a 2:1 tincture.

You certainly can’t perform that trick in METRC and expect nobody will notice.

2 Likes

Most if not all labs check their calibration every 20 samples. If they are not in calibration ±10% at the beginning and also at the end they throw out all the 20 results in the middle.
Its possible they threw out the old calibration standard and got new standard and that why the results got better, but they could also just normalize the results to 100% which means that if if the results add up to more than 100% they reduce all the results proportionately so they do equal 100%.
Hugh Goldsmith
SRI

1 Like

I definitely appreciate the input. We operate out of Arizona, mandatory testing will be implemented next year November. This makes it some what difficult especially if most labs have different methodologies and validation processes across the board. Advisory committee members will finish recommendations on the 3rd of December.

I most definitely agree. Operating in a state that does not require mandatory testing makes it rather difficult to find a “legit” cannabis lab. The lack of oversight requires us to sample out to multiple labs, in hopes of seeing some consistency between the two. Unfortunately we have massive swings in potency and trouble finding a lab with affordable full panel pricing.