Sulfur remediation from EtOH crude? Anyone been down this road before?

Anyone willing to devolge any techniques to remediate sulfur from their ethonal crude?

The search bar is really useful for finding out if this has been discussed before.
https://future4200.com/t/internal-journal-futures-pesticide-remediation-tek/

Save you some time, copper is the go-to for removing sulfur.

2 Likes

We have a product called carbon b and c.

You layer in a 4-6 inch stainless triclamp tube with a filter base approx 24" or even 36" tube with the carbon chunks. Now get another vessel with your affected stuff with sulfur, sulfites, fire retardent, etc and start dripping it down so the fluid takes a long time to reach the bottom. Must be a drip drip trickle. No flow.

To rep the column pour in a bed with alcohol and silica, then layer washed carbon with acetone. Once carbon is layered over silica start reflushing the entire bed with full dense flow of alcohol. This will properly activate and prewet the scrubbing bed.

I wrote a article a while back about fire retardant contaminated buds. This was the method to clean it up.

1 Like

I appreciate it🤙 I browsed briefly before I posted myself to see what others might have posted in the past. Tried copper in a reactor and it seemed to help mellow the amount but still pretty heavy booty smell. Hoping to remediate pre distillation on our wiped film. More R and D to be done to dial in tech

Keep adding fresh copper until the copper stops collecting visible sulfur and then do it a few more times to be safe.

@GoldenOil What type of copper?

3 Likes

Carbon b + c type will remove sulfur. We specifically sell it for people who got thier crops dusted by call fore
…
You just use a silica base bed and then you use a acetone hot washed carbon.

1 Like

Copper scrubbie pads are 99% cheaper than powders.

3 Likes

using copper scrubber, seemed to get a certain amount of sulfuric taste off on the first pass. going again to see if it further removes the smell cause it didnt completely scrub the first time.

ive read somewhere on here it could take a couple times. Anyone have experience with this?

Try this thread… a bunch of us have been throwing ideas around…

2 Likes

I have a special b+c carbon that can be blended and drip filtered to remove 99.99% of the sulfur in a pass. It’s really easy to use. Most people don’t understand how to remove sulfur properly.

2 Likes

Send me a bucket ill do a full write up

2 Likes

Dude it’s cheap. Call the shop and work out a deal with the manager for a cost savings -to- ratio for a write-up you can offer. I don’t have authority to just give stuff away.

1 Like

Who. Are. You.

Lol ok ok

4 Likes

:person_shrugging::person_shrugging::person_shrugging::person_shrugging::person_shrugging::person_shrugging:

2 Likes