Suggestions For Small Commercial/Industrial Property

id work as an assistant teacher if possible.

Pretty much everything would be benchtop / pilot scale. Right now we’re just talking about a few 2L and 5L SPD sets, 5L roto, 10L reactor and enough stainless steel to piece together a miniature falling film and small ethanol extraction system. Maybe a 6" Chinese wiper if I can get some missing pieces together.

I have not seen any issues with any of the accessory equipment like heaters/chillers, diff pumps, vacuum pumps, compressors, or any of the lab glass as of yet, but again, I may be wrong.

With all of this only being for demos and no actual processing taking place, other than on a very small scale, I imagine solvent quantities can be kept quite low as well.

Thanks again, the encouragement (or at least non-discouragement?) is appreciated. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Loopnet.com is a good resource for industrial property listings

Edit: nvm I didn’t read that you already had a property, my bad

I live like right near Brighton too btw (hell my father in law is from there)…within 5 mins actually, so I’m not exactly just talking nonsense (even though when I typed it was tired enough it could have been easily steered in that direction). A gentleman had set up a lab in (A town in the very immediate area, think a little nicer but not REALLY nice) last year and had to jump through so many hoops I don’t think anything ever became operational. Hell, he sunk so much money into it he asked TO OPERATE THE LAB FOR A MONTH SO HE HAD A BENCHMARK OF WHAT TO SUE THE CITY WITH.

Let me ask a few people about what their licensing/inspection requirements are once I get a second coffee in me. I worked in hemp for longer than I’d like to admit so I have a few resources I can draw from that’s relatable to our location so you don’t have to deal with the same BS - hopefully I can get some useful answers for you

If it’s a hemp lab you may be subject to way less BS than a THC lab but don’t quote me on that as the Denver area has really went hard on restricting unlicensed solvent based operations BUT as stated before that may be different with regards to hemp extractions.

I already let my crew, and anyone else that comes through my facility making “slip and fall” jokes know that “sure, you may win the money in the lawsuit, but you’re sure as shit gonna earn it with the new limp you’ll get!” Let’s hope it works :crossed_fingers:t2:

2 Likes

But what about pee pee at the Cosco?

Changed my life.

1 Like

Scary to think about the path not traveled! RIP Tom Petty!

1 Like

NO DOCTOR!!! NOOOOO DOOOOOOOOOCTOR!!!

1 Like

Thanks a bunch for the feedback and the offer to get some more info around potential licensing/inspection requirements, I really appreciate it.

I never really had any intentions for this to be any sort of THC lab due to all the extra nonsense I would have to deal with. My initial plans were to market all the classes as being for the hemp industry, with the website, marketing material, and company info all reflecting that, but with the implication that everything learned can easily be transferred to THC processing if someone wants to go that route.

I also planned on all the processing material used in class being strictly hemp/CBD to keep costs lower, and do not see much of a reason to mention THC processing at all, at least until the point I would want to expand into butane/propane processing classes.

1 Like

No worries! After a bit of checking on our old conversations I think it’s a matter of the city/county (I forget which) signing off on a business license declaring what you do BUT I do not believe you need the insane licensing that you’d need for the regular market

Anyone know of a warehouse available for rent in northern cali? Oakland, sac, stockton, modesto,tracy etc.? hit me up, got someone looking for a property.