Strain-specific infused oil production demo

Here’s data from my first 14 columns. Batch 10 I missed an oil sample and the spent material mass so the bolded numbers are interpolated with batch 9 & 11 data.

Starting with batch 12 I switched barrels to material that is a bit different, so only putting 3.5 kg in the columns now.

Potencies are coming out great. Been doing one hplc run per output oil batch so some variation is to be expected.

Seems like to me legal cannabis has a future as a cooking spice. And most likely a past? I’d think so.

Definitely some strains more than others would lend themselves to cooking but think of how many overlapping terpenes there are in cannabis that show up in cooking spices.

2 Likes

totally! and ‘acquired taste’ is a thing… e.g. I don’t think anyone shoots out of the womb thinking beer tastes great but look where we are. Those who say ‘terps taste awful’ haven’t tried a lot of infused oils and maybe are not even acknowledging the difference between, say, purified terps and a product that incorporates them at appropriate concentrations.