SPD Without Winterizing?

Yeah and wiper is different from an SPD (as I’m sure you know), you really have to do a good job prepping your material. SPD I’ve run non-washed room temp. You can do it but wouldn’t recommend.

This is what decarb in your still can get you.

4 Likes

Frame that and sell it as rorschach x cannabis art.

Untitled.
Crude on acoustic ceiling tile circ. 2022 - @Neutral

4 Likes

It’s just subcritical co2

I had a great machine that allowed me to throw it right into spd.

You will still have a more difficult cleaning of spd but it works

Save about 15% volume in total

Update: We distilled twice through the SPD and both times hit around 90% TAC. I had my techs winterize the distillate to see how waxy it actually was and we recovered 6% of the total weight in lipids. The product product doesn’t taste any different than with the winterized distillate we had been producing. I was pretty shocked by these results.

which should take your post distillation winterized distillate to ~96% TAC?

1000g at 900mg/g means 900g of cannabinoids and you pulled 60g of “fats”.

if you didn’t ALSO pull cannabinoids in that 60g, you should now have 900g cannabinoids in 940g of distillate. = 95.7%. (one reason folks would winterize post distillation…)

do you?
so what’s actually in the 60 grams you pulled?!?

2 Likes

In fact, after winterization, it will greatly improve your distillation efficiency of SPD.

In the breaking dabs interview he does it this way but I have not yet tried it. BHO crude into a SPD then run first pass then winterize. I am highly interested if others have done it though as I am wondering if you can do a terpene strip with BHO crude unwinterized and capture the terpenes then run first pass then winterize seems too good to be true.

I used to call those foam parties lol

2 Likes