Solventless Extraction. NDA required to see. Lol

I had heard some claims from a certain person i was talking to ~ 2 years ago, to the effect that they had had a technology like this demoed at their “worlds largest hemp extraction facility” – i took it, much like the facility itself, to be deranged rambling. But, by any chance had you developed and demoed this tech at that time?

3 Likes

I am interested please DM me if you have a unit to sell.

Only sometimes. Universal too.

1 Like

See also Vapor Distilled—relatively small scale I think and their process (patent out there somewhere…) sprays ethanol to condense the vaporized product.

My company put together a setup that used hot air and screw augers. We had to set it aside but I still think it’s a neat problem on the cutting edge—could feed right in to say torrefaction or pyrolisis.

Heat transfer is a real problem as you scale up maybe the OP has put some serious thought into this? Would also be interesting to know how they are collecting the product mist/vapor :thinking:

3 Likes

Would love to see at least a paper showing this. I’m sure you’ve got something that shows the maintained heat control and percentage extracted with each run compared to when it goes in (assuming it takes multiple passes through your system for each separation?)

I remember reading something here a while back with someone using a heated screw conveyor with solvent rigged up with condensers and they couldn’t get a good run.

If there’s not going to be any actual numbers or proof posted, fill free to bump this in 2 years when you get your patent.

1 Like

the most universal out there

Water is just not used as a solvent when it comes to making bubble hash. As in, solvent free extraction is already wide spread. Try to dissolve your cannabinoids in water. If they don’t dissolve it is not a solvent in relation to those compounds. A solvent is always in relation to a solute in determining if it is a suitable solvent.

2 Likes

Shiva?

2 Likes

Lol. Every time someone makes big promises with zero to show for it I whisper “shiva

8 Likes

Not who i talked to. I didn’t talk to the person who had the tech. I talked to someone who had just supposedly seen a demo (and wouldn’t tell me the company).

soon™

7 Likes

Any pics of extract made with this tech?

1 Like

Except when making bubble hash

the true path

It was Floramed. I never got the guys name but the guy who started the trials was heading and left chongs choice lab in Colorado 2017-18. A few relevant details in the pic and those were numbers from 3 years ago, I posted it on my insta to spark a lil convo probly had a better place to do so :sweat_smile::man_shrugging:

In terms of hot gas extraction GW has patents separating thc from cbd but it required 7 sequential distillation columns. Used inert gasses too so no oxidation and such… beast.

6 Likes

it’s between decarbed room temp bho and first pass distilate.

solventLESS post processing is not fun.

3 Likes

we will have further analytics and, obviously, we will need extensive testing. But…our runs with our proof of concept (very crude) were good. I will keep you posted (and much sooner than 2 years!).

1 Like

very interesting. We also use inert gas but we have addressed flow and deposition problems with an ingenious innovation. So, with heat controlled precisely, flow maintained and no bottlenecks in biomass flow, the science and engineering works.

1 Like

I will post some … we are tweaking and doing analytics currently.

2 Likes

Thanks for that information. You sound very knowledgeable and curious. YES – we are on the cutting edge. It’s very, very exciting. Reach out if you want to chat further…

1 Like