Soak time BHO

This is very interesting. Using magnesol never heard of it. Can you tell me a little more about your setup? where do you place the magnesol in your filtration system. Do you mix it with the CRC? or have like a layer somewhere.

Sorry for the late reply but the simplest test we do is winterizing a sample with Methanol. We have a in house gas chromatography and we send stuff out to a testing lab, so we have some good data.

1 Like

I fill my vac jacketed column up with cold solvent ran threw an injection coil @60psi. Then once it’s full I open it up and dump into my crc and then into collections. The restriction in the crc cause my flow rate to be 2lbs/min and after 15 min I inject all 30lbs threw my 4x36 column. I noticed the first run of the day sugar is always has thicker terps because the starting tane was room temp, all runs after are pre chilled then sent threw injection coil.

What makes you think the first run has more terps and not something else like fats and waxes?

2 Likes

Pretty sure OP means “Thicker terps” IS an indicator of more fats/waxes in terp fraction.

Which I believe you and I would agree IS what is going on.

3 Likes

yep, sounds like you got that shit covered.

consider the leading questions as trail markers for those following along behind.

ie: if you think you have

exactly! if you want to have any real clue what’s going on, In House analytics are required.

asking some other fella gets expensive really fast…and they have way less incentive to get it right than you do.

1 Like

Yeah when I said thicker terps I ment it’s contaminated with waxes, lipids fats ect. After the first run the recovered solvent is cold then is injected threw the coil making it even colder. First run always say - 34f starting with room temp tane pushed threw a 25ft coil. After that’s been recovered the 2nd run starts out cold from passive recovery. My 2nd run is colder and I’ve noticed more runny terp layers on top of Pyrex sugar crashes. I’ve solved this issue by pushing my solvent threw a coil and into the 2nd recovery vessel before I start the day. I tryed throttling the inlet on the material column to create more contact time inside the coil and that’s helped me get a little colder. I’m going to upgrade to a 50ft coil vs the 25ft I have now and see if that helps. My columns are jacked but I just use them with a hot water bath for recovery. I run some cold water threw after to chill them back down to about 55f Before I start another run and drain and vac them. It sucks trying to vac out all that water moisture in the jacket. Contaminated my vac pump oil like crazy. I’m changing oil out every day.

Get a diaphragm pump…or use an aspirator

2 Likes

It was indeed fats. I winterized a sample from run 1 VS run 2 and it was night and day. I also got a 50ft injection coil and it helped a ton and it seemed to solve it. I did get a free oiless pump, but even tho it has 2 pistons, It won’t get below 20inhg, bummer. My material column jacket outlets aren’t flush with the bottom so it leaves a small pool of water that I’m basically trying to vacuum out. Recovering with hot water and draining then pulling vac just doesn’t seem worth it. Some have suggested get a pump to do this hot vapor loop. Can’t I just find some cheap trs pump and do what people call a hot vapor loop? Im passive and have never used an active system. But I assume. I could pull vapor from my recovery tank into a cmep and then into the bottom of my material columns and have a recovery line in too of my material going to a T on my seive? Correct me if I’m wrong. But is that how the hot vapor loop work? Then it heats the material from the pump heat.

Is that when you’re feeding it water, or “blanked off”?

If you buy a trs, it will be rather difficult to plumb a CMEP. :shushing_face:

A hot loop PUSHES, rather than pulls.

One sucks on the evaporator and sends that pressurized hot vapor in the TOP of your material columns to clear them of liquid (Which may well be what you meant. language is unclear).

Then switch to sucking on the column to get it all the way clear.

If you have a vacuum jacket on your column, this works well.

If you have a -50C chilled jacket, all you really accomplish is condensing liquid in your column.

Yeah that the pumps max. They are actually out of oxygen generator machines from the nursing home. Buddy works there. Yeah I’m passive and clean my columns of liquid with nitrogen then vent the nitro out via my crc lid so it really pushes 75psi to about 5psi threw the material columns and into the crc quickly when I vent. It really clears my columns great shooting every last drop into the crc. I have sights to see. So a hot vapor loop get its heat from the evaporator which it draws from. Gotcha. I’m just trying to get that last bit out cold. Then recover. I recover my columns from the top. I was hoping to push hot vapor from the bottom and only recover vapor from the material columns top recovery hose back to the evaporator. So kinda reverse. I don’t wanna push hot vapor down from the top and heat up frozen fats and send then down stream in liquid form and have them run threw the crc then into the evaporator into my extract.

If you have a vacuum jacket on your column, this works well.

So reading this paper I am intreuged by
Would it work
Have a vessel with dry ice lined to the jacket of the biomass chamber then to a vacuum pump
Maybe a warmtecapaciteit before the pump after the jacket
Would the vapors have enough heat exchange to cool the jacket ???

Your a secret fan boy.

didn’t @ me so I wouldn’t see ?

Also my intuition and discernment is SHARP. I know a bunch of y’all have multiple screen names. Y’all have NO stylistics. Cookie cutter cannabis boys.

Y’all smell and look the same to me

No. It gets MOST of the heat from the act of compression.

See: thermodynamics - Why does a gas get hot when suddenly compressed? What is happening at the molecular level? - Physics Stack Exchange

Pulling from your evaporator is just the most convenient source of vapor.

3 Likes

right, I understand. compress a gas and it releases its heat. Expand a gas and it grabs up heat. I get that part. I just was a bit confused when you said it grabs vapor from the collection. I assumed that’s where the hot vapor part came from. I wanted to pull from my recover tank so it would help keep it under vac and then push into the bottom of the material column with the pump causing some pressure and then run a recovery line from the top to my coil condenser.

Certainly not how I would characterize that….

Can these pumps pull vacuum tsr21? If not I could just pull from the collection as it’s already at about 30psi.

Right I get how the standard refrigerant cycle works. It’s about the phase change from a liquid to a gas or from a gas to a liquid. There are much better ways to describe it but that is about right.

Both the trs 21 and CMEP OL will pull vacuum. You can absolutely cool your solvent tank by evaporating solvent and pressurize your material columns.

When pressurizing the material column on the Luna Oberon, we pull from the evaporator, but it is connected passively to the solvent tanks, so we actually pull from BOTH.

1 Like

I’m gonna grab a pump from my buddies shop today. He said I could play with one he just rebuilt. He sat that the tsr21 can handle this np but isn’t sure if it will pull much lower then 14inhg vac on my recovery tank. He said he has always shot his hot vapor in the top pushing out any remaining liquid but it goes into a b pot so if it warms up any fats that it’s shot into a different collection. I’m gonna try from the bottom and see how it goes. I could always empty my collection before I recover so what ever it pushes threw just falls in the splatter platter and I can quick clean it out. Normally I’m running 1 column well recovering the other tho. I’m just trying to speed the column recovery part up. I’m flying on main recovery speeds. I have a 12kbtu heater so I get around 3lbs a min passively. That helps a ton coming from a 3k heater.