Sixth Wave Affinity - Cannabinoid Purification

Thank you for your information

Lmao I wonder how someone can report a box if hemp

Sounds like bs to me kinda lol

1 Like

One company to rule them all

You probably forgot but we had a discussion about it during the summer. Everybody shouted snake oil. I shouted market takeover. I seen this coming.

I think you we’re the only one who took it serious.

I suggest everybody to read what was written on my thread. It was mastermind on how to bring to the global market.

Me! LOL

Oh huh yeah i forgot about that!

Is this the same company as the one in that article? Or just similar name?

If so they seem to have pivoted their strategy since then.

This is what was sent to me.

Dear Kathleen:

Thank you for your interest in Sixth Wave. If you have not done so, please visit our website at www.sixthwave.com to review the Affinity Corporate Presentation and the available videos.

The AffinityTM unit is a counter-current flow system in a carousel configuration utilizing up to 30 columns of AffinityTM nanotechnology molecularly imprinted resin beads. At any given time, up to 25 of the columns are configured to collect the cannabinoid from a diluted crude extract. The remaining columns are simultaneously in either a cleaning phase or extraction phase where the loaded cannabinoid is released from the bead. The use of this type of industrial scale ion exchange equipment (without the Affinity nanotechnology beads) is commonly used for applications like water purification and other extraction systems. Our units will be manufactured to European good manufacturing practices (“EGMP”) requirements as outlined by the European Medicines Agency. The process requirements for the AffinityTM systems are significantly less complex than other applications and while Sixth Wave expects to offer several sizes, most will be on the small end of the deployed industrial systems referenced above.

The crude extract is processed directly after dilution to reduce viscosity and ensure that all of the components of the crude extract are in solution. The one step extraction of the cannabinoids happens at slightly above room temperature and at atmospheric pressure. The AffinityTM unit is controlled by an automated system and requires little to no direct intervention (lower labor costs). Aside from the electronics, there are only a limited number of moving parts, including pumps to convey fluid through the system and a control hub that rotates to move the columns. This single system may replace other equipment including winterization, sequential distillation, and chromatography used in current extraction methods. Each of these take extended periods of time, human interaction to move product between steps, multiple pieces of equipment, pressure and temperature vessels, as well as costly chromatography equipment that has very limited potential for scalability.

The output potential for the 20 column system is targeted at 20kg of finished goods per 20 hour (t-Free distillate or isolates) day and is based on an input cannabinoid level of 50. As you decrease the amount of cannabinoids in the input you will eventually also reduce the capacity of the equipment as there will be a max flow rate that will limit collection. This is not a linear decrease and we do not know what the limit is at the low concentration that you mention below. We have ways of maximizing for lower concentrations and will work with you to determine the optimal set up for your process requirements. Larger scale systems will be available on a custom build basis.

Given downward price pressure, Sixth Wave has developed a two-phase post-processing extraction technology to simplify the production of high-purity tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) isolate and cannabidiol (CBD) distilled oil. The company’s patent-pending nanotechnology uses a highly selective molecular imprinting technique that outperforms existing technologies.

The technology and process lower CAPEX and OPEX by increasing the total recovery of the selected cannabinoids. Moreover, with no specialized training required, unlimited scaling ability, no costly media replacement, and losses associated with existing technology virtually eliminated, it’s an essential value-add product for companies involved in the cultivation and processing of cannabis.

It is our intent to have EGMP grade Affinity Units ready for sale in the April/May time frame. We are optimizing the pilot plant at this time and working on finalizing the production specifications. While the cost of the unit has not been finalized – we estimate it will be in the <$200K USD range for a 20 column system (does not include ancillary equipment required) that we estimate will produce 20L per/day. Beyond the equipment costs, a throughput-based royalty keeps the system maintained by Sixth Wave. As part of the royalty program, if the beads become fouled or out of spec for any reason, they will be replaced at no cost to the customer. Royalty payments will be monitored on a metered basis. Because the system is simple to use, the producer doesn’t need highly qualified lab technicians to operate the machine, thus reducing staffing costs. As a closed-loop system, all the materials can be recycled and reused, eliminating recurring operating expenses, as well.

Our chemical engineering team is in the process of finishing optimization of the pilot system and we hope to have our commercial EGMP system parameters finalized within the next few weeks.

Please advise if I can assist you in any manner or you have additional questions. I am available to schedule a call with you to discuss the opportunity in greater detail or I can be reached at 901-674-0282. I am located in US Central Standard Time.

Best regards,

Sherman

Sherman McGill

Executive VP – Chief Development Officer

Sixth Wave Innovations Inc.

Direct: 901-674-0282

www.sixthwave.com

A picture containing clipart Description automatically generated

1 Like

Good ol’ Sherman. Looks like he just has that spiel saved somewhere cause I got an identical email from him lol.
Thanks for sharing! Hopefully there will be more info available when it gets closer to their release…

3 Likes

Same company and your right. They took down that PFD of how they were doing it. If you remember the people designing this are top tier engineers including nuclear ones. They are well funded. Stock has increased steadily after it dropped from a spike when they announced the masters liscences.

Now, however, they’re licensing it to anyone who wants; originally it was going to be an exclusive license for large scale production at one company was it not?

What does nuclear engineering have to do with a new chromatography column packing material

1 Like

I would think if one knows how to filter nuclear waste and knows all the laws/theories associated with this knowledge that it could be applied/contributed in non hazardous filtration with the chemical/process engineers assessment.
But than again im not 100%. Do some research on the company and firms involved. it states they have these engineers on board.

1 Like

Ive done a little bit of work with these in different areas (often used to remove taints from wine and has other applications in industry). The original solution is a combination of ethanol and water so the cannabinoids arent particularly soluble due to the water content and hence bind to the MIPs (beads), then pure ethanol is used to remove the cannabinoids. i.e. the cannabinoids have a higher affinity for the MIP than the ethanol/water solution but lower affinity to the ethanol.

2 Likes

thanks for the explanation! i had a feeling it was something like this, just a bad description from the company

If you still need a small amount of b80, I have a couple of pounds I can send to you, I’d just ask for my cost plus shipping.

If that indeed in the case, if this is such a revolutionary method, why would you do that? If this was so magic, wouldn’t you want to be the one company doing it?

Not questioning you directly @MagisterChemist, just rhetorical questions.

Just because they have nuclear engineers working on it, that does not make it a good idea.

I’m still skeptical this is anything special.

3 Likes

Visited their labs today. They have a longggg way to go

4 Likes

Any information you can share?

Could you tell us what there staff looks like? Such as how well they are organized? highly skilled engineers? Did they come out being transparent saying they are still R&D or they played big game and you felt there vibe having a long way to go? Basically the integrity. Finally did they try to recruit you?

That’s exactly the question i was hinting at. I could see a couple of reasons.

1. Company that wanted to be exclusive end user got cold feet.
  2. They recognized high likelihood that other vendors of same technology would enter the market and wanted to get as many people in their camp as quickly as possible.

These aren’t mutually exclusive of course. 2 could be the reason for 1. I think it comes down less to the technology being bad and more a lack of ability to keep it exclusive.

2 Likes