Short path consultation needed (Spanish/English)

The shbiii is suitable for rotory evaporators up to 5L.

Short Path Distillation of Cannabinoids requires “high” vaccumm like <100 micron or deeper

1 Like

An apology friends, but I blocked the forum because I am new, that is why I could not answer

You’ll need buchners filter or similar and dry ice too in case you didn’t know

I have to make a list of everything that I would be missing, pump, dry ice, filters, ethanol etc etc

Also a way to control heat of spd condenser. Like heated water container with water pump. Go ahead and get some celite and activated carbon and I think you’ll enough to make something

Are you in Mexico? My cousins wedding is there in a few months? I’ll show you what I know and run that machine for you while I’m there if you pay for my trip.

1 Like

I’m from Monterrey Nuevo Leon Mexico

2 Likes

I’m not sure actually where now, maybe it was near Oaxaca, anyway we’re going in December.

How good and in Oaxaca a lot of good weed grows in the mountains

1 Like

que tal broder, creo que la bomba esa no va, necesitas algo mejor, siendo legal en mexico deberias ser capaz de conseguir en mercadolibre, olx, etc sino mandame un privado te muestro el equipo que tenemos es muy similar al tuyo, salvo por la bomba de vacio.

I already got 2 vacuum pumps of 8 cfm

What else do i need?

primero debes hacer el RSO, o rosin, o el concentrado que quieras, luego, hay que winterizarlo con una bomba y un filtro y una vez lo tengas winterizado, se lo pone en la maquina de short path y te queda el clear. Un saludo bro

2 Likes

Esa.bomba y filtro no tengo , horita cuento con una bomba de 8 cfm .
Donde consigo el filtro como es ?

nice spanish, bro, … what happens if i have a 8cfm 1hp dual stage vacuum pump (vacuumaster 15880) on a 2L spd???

I don’t think that pump will be able to pull a deep enough vacuum. You need something a little different. It needs to be able to pull to 0.1 micron on a dry system.

These would work great.
https://avac.com/products/botanical/vacuum-pumps/welch-crvpro4-2-8-cfm-short-path-distillation-pump-ul-listed.html

https://www.amazon.com/Welch-Vacuum-1400B-01-DuoSeal-Belt-Drive/dp/B00SBG9CC2

Those links are just to show you the pump… You can get them cheaper from different sites.

Could you tell me what filter? what do i occupy

you need a chiller you have the vac and you should be good to go

carnal, necesitas una bomba diferente, esa tiene circulación de agua, la neta estos gabachos te dicen que compres pinches marcas que cuestan un huevo, independientemente la marca busca una de entre 6 y 8 cfm, un caballo de fuerza, y dos etapas… con eso la debes librar para bajar al vacío necesario… yo uso una 8 cfm 1 hp 2 etapas… marca vacuumaster o una mamada así… yo también soy de monterror, por cierto

2 Likes