Separating MCT Oil from Distillate

Hey guys,

I have come across 4L of Distillate testing at 66% THC. It has excellent color but a different consistency than normal distillate because it has also been mixed (contaminated) with MCT Oil as a cutting agent. Could anyone direct me, or suggest, methods to possibly separate the THC and the remaining cutting agent?

My overall goal is to increase the THC % so it can be used for higher grade mixtures.

I have a fairly large lab so for your suggestion just please imagine I have that machine / solvent available, including 200% Ethanol and a -80 freezer.

The forum has been a huge source of information and while I’m still learning, appreciate everything you guys to do help Extraction as an industry!

Josh

1 Like

What’s the bp of the mct oil? Iirc, this question was asked a few months ago. I’m not sure what the results were.

Winterization maybe? You’d have to get everything really cold (colder than normal winterizations) but MCT will solidify at subzero temps. Then you can just Rotovap all the alcohol off. With a -80C freezer and 200 proof ethanol you should be good to go. Might solidify better with methanol if you have trouble with ethanol.

I’m currently dealing with this same thing if anyone has learned anything new they could share.

Just made a thread on this the other day

1 Like

I have someone here in Colorado north of Denver that can winterize at those kinds of temps and recover the ethanol back if needed