Separate thc from distilate

Hello
How can i separate thc from distilate ?

Vague.

Thc distillate is thc.

Did you mean remove thc from a primarily cbd /d8 distillate?

4 Likes

Yes is it possible without expensive equipement ?
I have light yellow distilate

it is possible to make CBD isolate from CBD distillate without expensive equipment.

it is also possible to degrade the THC (and sacrifice color and some CBD) with or without expensive equipment. Lowering thc by simply Heating to convert to CBN or anything else ? What temperature found? - #5 by thesk8nmidget

if you have a CBD/D8/D9 mix that you’re hoping to remove ONLY the D9 from, THEN you’re looking at chromatography. the equipment doesn’t have to be expensive, but the media certainly is.

7 Likes

I have cbd d8 and d9 distiliate.

I wanna remove cbd to obtain only thc

1 Like

There’s a really obvious answer there

4 Likes

not happening without chromatography, or going back and getting the reaction right the first time.

3 Likes

Im doing distilate from cbd reaction with h2o4.
I need obtain only thc in my distilate is possible ?

…and how much CBD do you have in your “completed” reaction?

edit: looks like your chemistry needs completion too. Guessing that’s supposed to be H2SO4?

maybe some reading on conversions? (Search results for 'CBD D8' - Future4200)

4 Likes

Dude. @cyclopath has explained twice already.

4 Likes

I think this was before we confirmed it was from an incomplete reaction.

OP probably just needs to backtrack a bit and dial in the reaction itself. Should be a lot easier to go from there.

I’d never advise against someone learning chromatography with cannabinoids. Definitely a valuable skill. This probably is just a basic miscalculation though.

3 Likes

how much CBD?
why remove it?

are you trying to get your converted material down below 0.3% delta 9 THC to comply with regulatory requirements?

or is your reaction so far from completion that you need to remove the CBD before it will even get you high?

I’m guessing you have zero analytics on this?

you need analytics (Alkaline Beam is bare min, TLC id better) to figure out how you’re doing. ideally you have GC or HPLC analysis available.

what solvent are you using with your “H2O4”?

1 Like

Just do a quick TLC.

1 Like