Seeds , who's go the best on the site

I appreciate all the love from you guys, thanks for the support! We do have HSC breeders cut available. Thanks again!

6 Likes

I too can vouch for @Cloner gear via HSC. Absolute fire. Especially the blueberry muffin. It is delectable. His kush mints is bomb too.
Stupid Fruits gets HUGE so outdoor in a 400gal bag will give you mucho kgs.

5 Likes

How much for 50 ??

@BigM I agree. I,ve spent alot of time with many of the Humboldt Seed Co. strains and almost all were winners for me. In/out and greenhouse. All got had that glistening visual appeal, pungent aromas and decent yield. Only a few susceptible to PM, which mostly can be attributed to the undesirable enviormental conditions. Which, as I recall easily remideated all organically. Overall I would agree with @BIgM the majority of strains I have seen from Humboldt Seed Co. are well worth the investment. We would all love to hear and see pics of what you end up choosing. Good luck! Get ta gro on!!

4 Likes

@Thetetraguy -:+1:the name!! I have recently played with STS and the ideal timing of applications for autos. I’ve have an enclosed grow trailer that has not been used in a few years so I decided that would be the perfect place to do some experimenting. My boy in CO sent me a bunch of Mephisto and Night Owl auto seeds to play with.

You probably know all this, but I am still new to the process and learning myself, especially with the autos. The few auto STS trials I have done seem to be ontrack so far. My opinion is open pollination breeding is never an ideal option, I’d rather start selectively spraying, painting and labeling before dropping pollin bombs on my ladies.

As a dedicated life long ganga student I appreciate any/all suggestions from anyone with auto breeding/reproducing experience. An to be honest the real results will be from what pops outta these next gen beans. I enjoy trying new aspects of the game. Time will tell. Go green bean team!!

4 Likes

Team Green Bean? Turn that Brown Frown Upside Down!

I like it better than “Zaza Slutz” or “Boof Brigaders”.

5 Likes

Oh crossing two autos together is the easy part. The difficult part is creating new autoflower lineages by crrossing a regular photoperiod strain and an autoflower. Not all ur offspring will be autos, but do to the strong ruderalis genes it usually expresses itself more than not in the offsprings. Usually takes 3 or 4 gen before u get to the point were u only gotta cull one photoperiod or hermie in the mix. If u were ontop of ur ahit and had a room for consistent flowering and pollination, u could probably get that done in a year, four cycles per year.

Im glad u had some good luck with breeding autos, not trying to sound all snobby by saying oh yeah u did the easy way. For starting out, crossing two autos and getting that process dialed in, is key to creating new unique auto hybrids.

My last deciding factor to choosing my lineages is by how the flower turned out and doing so with autos is near impossible, unless someone here has figured out how to get them back into veg after they have flowered and had a sample chopped off them.
Choosing ur female to flip over before it even expresses its true flowers is difficult, so i would pick 2 or 3 contenders for the male, then hit every female systematically with the 3 different pollen. Then after the plants have grown their seed and finished the flower u can choose which female did the best from the smoke and use that for ur next gen breeding

5 Likes

@Thetetraguy I really appreciate you sharing the knowledge. I’ve been curious how this was successfully done maintaining the auto dominance. Over the year’s I have been impressed how companies could breed brand new hot photo crosses into autos so quickly. Back in the day Amsterdam was all about the early girls. It was impressive Grean Crack 90/10 sativa 58 day flower (some say 53 RG), but then a month later comes Fast Crack 60 day full term. Just crackin it out!

I do know some people doing autos in Current Culture DRWC systems and pulling outstanding numbers down. Given the extended photoperiod in flower and DWRC, they have been killin it. I don’t live near them anymore, but I have access to a CC grow with 60+ sites 4 chillers, 2 quests, A/Cs and many light’s all just forgotten about. So I hope soon to try this myself. Been told from transplant to harvest in 70-80 days and pulling anywhere 1.5 to 2lbs+ per plant an depending on strain. Most genetics are Mephisto and Night Owl an with impressive COAs, for autos.

So one question I’ve had is does it make a difference which way you cross? Male auto to female photo or vise versa? Have you found either way to influence the ruderalis to be the dominant traits? For a while now I have belived the autoflower culls would have greater influence the chances for stableity and be auto dominant. I could be completely wrong or just a chauvinistic ideology. I know in the past with some photos I have seen stable backrosses with strong traits from both sides. An then some needing further backrossings than others, but not much consistency. Occasionally you’ll find a phenotype with a noticeably superior an desirable quality than the other, and often dominantly inherited in the cross. An example extraordinary terpenes on one parents pheno were substantially better and higher then most. This even considered when crossed. It was one with superior quality and high content over most other strains. An thankfully as anticipated by my bud breeding brother an I, this cross did inherited that particular high terp trait we had desired.

@Thetetraguy I really appreciate you sharing your knowledge with me. You have obviously had more experience in breeding than I have. This is one of the technical aspects of this industry I still have much to learn. An as I’ve realized over the years I do learn best from trial, error, and occasionally success. But most importantly from journaling. As given my daily consumption, this could have all been for a fraction of my retention and understanding. @Thetetraguy you have inspired me to keep the trailer for breading purposes only from now on. I hope you could continue to be so generous and answer FUTURE questions that arise.

@Thetetraguy quick one last subject of discussion I feel you could be knowledgeable in. Have you ever played with polyploids? Another genetic mutation that is rarely brought up. Recently i have given more consideration to polys exploring others experiences and reaserching any avaliable info I find on tri/poly genetic mutations, phenotypic similarities an influences. A few of my/our reputable colleagues recently started discussing polys. This might premature to claim, but I am confident there’s a way to create/minipulate specific genetics where the majority of the seeds to poly out. But, that’s another discussion for another day.

Back to seeds, while writing this a friend of mine in Colorado called, somehow seeds came up. He is loyal only popin Freeworld Genetics for over the last year and loves them. I believe they are in Denver. Just thought I would throw it out there before I wrapped this tangent up. Peace yall gro on an gro all!

3 Likes

It takes some time but can be done in the T.C. lab with the right media and lighting. We have some reveging in Santa Ana right now.

4 Likes

Thats gonna have to be a question for experienced auto breeders, which i am not. However id assume it doesnt matter which way u cross and its all up to chance. Any true line bred variety, thats in its F5+ generation or landraces, would probably dominant its genes over say a cookies or runtz type variety (something that has been crossed to many different things with a smorgasbord of genes).

I have seen a couple in the past but never more than 1 in any particular batch size. One of my buddies got 1 out of 6 plants he popped and another buddy had hundreds and only got 1.
I wouldn’t doubt u could breed that trait in, ive seen it only show itself when its in flower though so ud need to reveg it and wait till u find another that does it.
I have seen the twin gene stabilized in a lineage, majority of the seeds would pop 2 plants for every seed. Even cooler is when he went to f2+, he started getting triplets and quadruplets

4 Likes