Sea of Green - Commercial Grow - Tips/Tricks - Critique my Sop/System

I’ve been using Dosatron’s for years. As long as you keep the screens clean and rebuild your needle and check valves regularly, they are amazingly reliable. Even if I was to fill reservoirs, I’d fill them with Dosatrons on float valves.

Regarding concentrate solutions, Ron @HGV is my partner and have been using his product for over 8 yrs with no such problems you describe.

2 Likes

Maybe I misunderstood you. The dosatron system is best with powder nutrients like HGV mixed in 55 gallon drums as a stock solution. The system sips stock solution and even adjusts ph for your desired set point. If you think managing a resi(filling,adjusting ph every feeding,emptying, washing, then repeating every 4-7 days) is easier I guess thats cool.

Is your handle eluding to the infamous dab pumps? We probably have some friends in common. @dabgrow

haha, no although I do like those as well. just a childish reference to my love of dabs and grows.

1 Like

Again, we’re talking about a combined grow space smaller than a double wide trailer. Dosatrons are cool, I employ them, but a total novice is better mixing fertilizers in daylight. And concentrated solutions drift and degrade over time, some fertilizers will add sodium benzoate as a preservative but others don’t and it’s something you have to inquire about typically. Then, as a totally inexperienced person, you’re dealing with concentration X at a dilution rate of Y where you could just have a res full of jacks and a pump. Biofilm with that formulation is almost non existent, and your pH is stable for a week. Yes, I think it’s easier than dosatrons if you’re trying to hammer out a few harvests to finance some expansion.

Got you my bro. My partner is friends with Ron and we are going to run HGV in the new project we are retrofitting in Reno. I’m sure we will be meeting in the near future. @dabgrow

another vote for jacks been using it a long time.
i grow in soil so no help with the coco and auto watering.
do not treat for pests unless you get one. keep room clean.
do not add new plants with out a 2 week pest quarantine.
you say you have plants so they should be clean of pests.
cloning /growing some clones are fast some are slow rooters.
after rooting can be fast and slow growers in grow stage.
take many extra clones so you can use the faster root/growers
for your crop. two tops vs one top. for sog i like to pinch top after
rooting. then the plant can grow out two large buds vs one bud.
less chance of bud rot and will weigh out a little more at end.
i have not used LEDs so no help there. but with HID lighting
the closer the light the bigger and meatier the buds. i would
think you could do the same with LEDs. just a few things
that might help you out. good luck none the less
Lrus007

Hmm yea i’ll find somethin else to go with - no sense in stressin out mah ladies!

I completely agree - cleanliness comes first in my lab and my grow :). Which is specifically why I built out rooms instead of just growing inside of the entire warehouse. That’s a neat trick though I like it!

I haven’t looked at HGV’s line of nutrients - i’ll go check their website out.

Nice I didn’t think about topping the plants to get two nodes - since the plant isn’t getting anywhere nears its yield capacity that makes since that the end result would produce more medicine! Do you just use straight up 3-2-1?

i grow in soil so use a different jacks even in the
70’s when it was called peters. was one of the first pot
ferts out there.i am sure there others are just as
good also nice price wise. so 3-2-1 and some real
epsom salts for your magnesium. keeps it simple.
then yes 2 buds weighs more at the end.

Such a gem this one