Same fast crash / chalking up issues. Now on the east coast

I smile every time I see your avatar!
Just sayin

1 Like

Working on my pour won’t fix the problem. I have thca precipitating in my material column. It’s happening in the system before I even get close to pouring.

Run more solvent

1 Like

@StoneD is correct. you’re gonna have to run more solvent. if warm is not an option, more solvent is the only way to get away from supersaturated. which is where your column is if it is precipitating thca.

4 Likes

Idk if was him or not but someone DM me about there whole collection pot dropping diamonds during recovery…they chalking up I told him to try the 13x beads also

you might also look at H2O2 shown as probable cause of rapid crashing "Medusa Stone"

1 Like

Has anyone had any luck w this fast crash Tek that doesn’t have a shit ton thca and terps in the jar … I’m starting to think a huge layer thca is helping grow those large stones super fast

Are these from the freezer or have been at room temp since pour?

Has the amount of neopentane changed from past to recent tests enough to cause this action?

Recently having this problem would say within the last 4 months have tried changing recovery temps tried using 13x sieve beads tried warm oven tried cryo freezer poured butane that was from a stock tank into a clean jar no rapid boiling or evaporation then took butane from a tank we filled back up with butane that ran through our system still no rapid boiling or evaporation was thinking maybe it only reacted with thca took some diamonds out them in the butane crushed and uncrushed no rapid boiling more just the butane breaking down the thca genuinely lost as to what the issue is and how to remediate this issue until the unknown issue is solved any help appreciated

2 Likes

Not sure what I’m missing have tried the 13x but still seeing the same issues fucked around with some temps but not sure if I’m headed in the right direction of figuring this out

1 Like

I run a fill plant in Ohio. Went back to the storage area and dug out Nbut analyses from 2019 and 2020. Here are quarterly averages of neopentane content in bulk deliveries we received.

1. High=.0839, low=.0430
    Q1: .0812%
    Q2: .0540
    Q3: .0495
    Q4: .0545

2. High=.1041, low=.0299
    Q1: .0596
    Q2: .0770
    Q3: .0727
    Q3: .0846

Neo has always in butane and the concentration varies.

We’re arranging for 3 samples of butane to be sent directly from user to 3rd party lab. Good performing butane, Ok performing and bad performing. Mass spec & GC testing.

Ought to get some good information about differences in composition. Once we isolate the problem, we can develop testing and abatement procedures.

8 Likes

@Diamondalchemy is correct. I used to run a number of gas mixtures back in the day and never had any issues. I ran 100% iso and 100% N-butane and have never seen anything like this before. I have never seen materiel in the distillation column and in the bio column (reactor) crash out before I can even recover most of my gas. it just started last week for us right after we had received a new batch of 30/70. we have been using the same mixer for the last 2 years. also same company haven’t used anyone else. I have spoke with our supplier. they had said that corporate is aware of the problem and trying to figure out where its coming from. they have an idea that the batch tank could’ve had some residual hydrogen peroxide from cleaning the tanks. the lil bit of residuals of the carbon could and will affect the material causing chalky crystals and quick crashing in distillation column. you can get 13a molesieve beads use them to strip the gas of contaminates. need them on the liquid side as you fill solvent tank and need to do it on the evap side going back to solvent tanks. that should help correct the issue with the gas.

1 Like

you want a good flow consistency with gas and oil like an organic maple syrup consistency. lids will buckle thats normal. to stop it from buckling to the point they pop off is to double up on the lids. but you need to worry about the integrity of the glass. as long as you do the consistency I suggested you shouldn’t have to worry about it popping. let them crash in room temp(75-80) then place in a cool area to drop the pressure for safer handling the jar. always wear the correct ppe while doing this method.

I’m taking about sealing w abnormally larger amount of tane I def know how to grow stones now I’m trying to control the saturation curve and solubility of the solvent

But good info thank you though

ahh yeah we just hit this problem last week. i miss read what you where trying to get at. im trying to do some r&d my self right now. if i get any information or any break through ill text you and update the group. good luck!

1 Like

Tried 13x on both liquid and vapor side and no change still fast crash

2 Likes

Who sent you ???

6 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Double the lids for double the fun, if your idea of fun is cleaning up the lab after your band lets loose. Speaking from the one time I tried it. Offering this as advice is a good way to get somebody hurt imo.

7 Likes