Saline / Salt color scrub SOP

Yes at the end i now swing 6 and 8 before going to 7, to sorta align the oil before trying to hit with the final 7s.
Oh and my dilutions have been reduced a bit. 3.5:1 for crude and 2.5:1 for first pass.

I also no longer do first pass runs if i can help it, do all this work on the crude and it comes out with alittle better shelf life then if u first passed then processed and redistilled. I like 1 pass now for my oil

Ime, going above ph 9 is not necesarry, maybe 9.5 but nothing over 10. I think cannabinoids can start solubilizing in ur water layer if u go too high

9 Likes

Going to do wash tomorrow
I think I’m ready
Thanks for the reply #glg

2 Likes

You created carbonate from bicarbonate and thus are risking extracting phenolic cannabinoids into the water layer. Best stick to the given procedures if you’re not quite sure what you are doing.

3 Likes

Some good tips in this thread

1 Like

Yep, as soon as you swing back down they stratify immediately

Any thoughts on [quote=“Thetetraguy, post:21, topic:25255, full:true”]
Yes at the end i now swing 6 and 8 before going to 7, to sorta align the oil before trying to hit with the final 7s.
Oh and my dilutions have been reduced a bit. 3.5:1 for crude and 2.5:1 for first pass.

I also no longer do first pass runs if i can help it, do all this work on the crude and it comes out with alittle better shelf life then if u first passed then processed and redistilled. I like 1 pass now for my oil

Ime, going above ph 9 is not necesarry, maybe 9.5 but nothing over 10. I think cannabinoids can start solubilizing in ur water layer if u go too high
[/quote]

Any thoughts on what roiplek is saying
Trying to follow procedures

It’s my understanding that you can not get above a ph of 9 with sodium bicarbonate
Heated water up to help with dissolve

1 Like

Yeah idk what u want me to say. Get the water to 30c, add in 12g of sodium bicarbonate (per gal) :man_shrugging:
Ive never boiled my water to get it that hot. And always add in ph adjustments before the salt.
Ive never worried about carbonate, because i really dont add that much.

Ohhh fyi, if i swing too high or too low, dont readujst with the opposite ph adjustment, just dump the water and restart.
Oh and i RO all my wash water and verify ph 7 before playing. Pretty much just have ten 5 gal containers that are always being swapped/filled. Ro is from well water. And tests in below 10 ppm after treated.
Less ppm in ur water leaves more room for nasties to get trapped in :call_me_hand: distilled water is not necesarry imo but if u can get unlimited amounts for stupid cheap, go for it

4 Likes

Cool :sunglasses: got it :call_me_hand:

1 Like

How much and in what order do you make your filter cakes with activated alumina T5 and silica I decided to try your method I just can’t seem to find that exact recipe not sure if it matters

Thats something ur gonna have to experiment with.
A good starting point for every 1kg of oil.
Top to bottom.
250g AA, 2kg t5, 1kg silica, 100-250g of celite.
T5 snd b80 are interchangeable however t5 works a bit better imo.
AA is to dry and for red pigments.
T5 is for red and green pigments.
Silicia is for the rest.
Celite as filter aid to stop powders from falling thru.

7 Likes

When you do crude do you decarb before crc or does it matter?

Yes i do, depends on what ur going for. For disty, i like decarbing b4 crc but test it urself

3 Likes

Thanks for all your help first off. Second do you get a thicker emulsion layer when doing crude? Followed your tek on some first pass disty and worked awesome. Right now Im doing crude and its taking forever to separate. Any thoughts on what I may have done wrong or is this normal with crude

Probably normal for crude

Remember 1st pass disty has a lot of shit removed. There’s just more “interference” w/ crude ie longer to sep out.

Makes sense to me!

1 Like

Did u decarb and devolitize the crude b4 running thru crc?
Maybe ur crude is full of fats?
I extract pretty cold to not have to worry about that

Yes fully decarbed. -50+C etho extraction. Now Im second guessing my decarb. I did 250 for a hour. Started timer when crude was hot. Maybe it wasnt enough

Best to end decarboxylation based on look not just time :+1: keep an eye on those bubbles. Once there’s no more bubble (co2 from decarboxylation) you’re done. Ive found two hours @ 230f to be sufficient most of the time

1 Like

Thanks guys. Im figuring its a decarb issue. I just got started so its just time wasted. I will recover heptane and do a better job at the decarb. I have been doing it in large jars in the vac oven w/no vac. It will stop bubbling and I give it a few good swirls and that shit will muffin up three quarters of the 2000ml jar. After a hour or two I feel like Im going overkill. Obviously not. This sucks waiting on separation. Don’t do this​:joy:. Im not really waiting patiently Im tapping the side and shaking the bottom of the sepratory because it seems to help but this sucks. Now Im learning :joy:

Im going to do a plain ph7 and see how miserable that is before tossing. Im sure I can salvage most of it