Rotovaps

rotovaps:

vacuum pump:

chiller:

20-40%off, if need, leave a message on the website

You could go Chinese for your first one if you’re set on saving money. Be cautious though, lanphan is known for sending broken equipment and I’ve never purchased from VEVOR before. Because I assume you’re doing a gallon of etoh you should go 5L. If you want quality heildoph and buchi are great names but are expensive as all fuck. RE-501 is the Chinese standard, FWIW : It’s not a bad roto (lanphan re-501) and they crate ship it.

3 Likes

DM me and I’ll be happy to set up a phone call and discuss your needs,

A few things

3L isn’t really a thing for commonly available rotos
Options for you are a 2L and 5L, though you can get an adapter for either to fit any 24/40 joint (24mm-40mm tapered, ground glass joint)

7cfm is overkill and will be annoying to throttle on a 5L

You need a diaphragm vacuum pump, they can be had new for less than $500 for your setup, or you can get a small air compressor rig it to exhaust to atmosphere and suck from the intake on it, not ideal but it is essentially the same thing as a diaphragm vac pump, and potentially cheaper

Your other option is a cheap Venturi pump that runs off of water pressure; very cheap and can be had for less than $100- I have a good stainless one that I can include if you want to buy a roto from me

You DO need a chiller, but those are also easy to procure or build yourself, there are a lot of guides on DIY glycol chillers on here, and all over the web- a 5L can run off of house water if you choose to do that, and there are many ways to rig chilling systems if you need to start on a budget and work your way to a solid HVAC solution.

Feel free to DM

3 Likes

I had a day from hell at work. I’ll go through all this and digest it. Thank you all for your comments and advice.

1 Like

Since this is a rotovap thread I’ll ask here…:grin:

Anyone have an extra coil condenser for a Buchi R 124 laying around? I’m eating through dry ice with my cold trap right now.

Or…know where to get a replacement?

2 Likes

I’ve got a horizontal one I’m not using @Fullmeltalchemist. It’s got a chip on the receiving flask joint but it functions as expected and I’d let it go cheap if interested.

2 Likes

Excellent. Much appreciated.

5 lbs of salt in water (“super saline” water) with dry ice and a strong fish tank pump not a sump pump. I top of my roto with about 2 lbs of dry ice at 30 mins. Works for me.

2 Likes

Thank you - that’s a bunch of useful information.

We have rotovap stocks in USA warehouse in california

If you need pls feel free to contct me.

Email:sales005@gzfanbolun.com
Whatsapp:+86 18137063573

Water aspirator (recommend to all new users as to keep from sucking in a volatile substance into a hvac vac pump) and a bucket with ice water/salt slurry with a pond pump will help in a pinch.

1 Like

I hope you get covid and dissapear.

Talk like this isnt good in the open forum.

4 Likes

Dude that person would steal your grandmother’s kidneys and try and sell them back to her. Don’t protect scum.

2 Likes

Yes chemically resistant membrane pumps are perfect for the job.
Still I think that Vacuubrand pump here is a little bit too strong regarding the associated -20°C chiller (modulo the condenser surface…). May still pump out part of the solvent, especially the most volatile.

The model ME 1C from the same brand, which goes down to 100 mbar is already sufficient I think. At least to remove 99% of the solvent form such material. The last bits then require deeper vacuum.

1 Like

Are you kidding. Or just trying to be nice.

I’m not, but talking like this outside the EC is not kosher. I’m 100% azzhole, but only in the EC.

1 Like

I’ve been jagged and out of tune lately. But truth be told I’ve had alot of unscrupulous encounters with all suppliers in China. It’s one of those things that can’t be fixed. I’ve seen so much shady ass shit it’s not even funny. I think these over seas sellers expect the community to forget about thirty behavior and actions to clients and customers.

3 Likes

Maybe we should have verified slangers for NEW equipment. To sell anything with a warranty, guarantee, etc you would need to be vetted like a slanger.

Then we could still trade and barter gear as usual and u could weed (mod) the bad eggs

3 Likes

You know - you’re right. China is the problem. And a person should always support local quality made goods. Thank you for the correction.