Rotovap noob

I would also suggest going with a 5L roto. They are able to do any size batches. I believe you will outgrow a 2L very fast

downside I dont have the space nor the funds quite yet. Since going to a 5L id more likely than not have to invest in a better pump

I pulled my 5L with a plastic water aspirator and a water pump from AC* hardware.

1 Like

Is an shz-d not a two in one? Water aspirator and pump? I have a chemistry background, not a mechanical one :confused:

Greetings…

The re-501 from lanphan is what I’m looking at… it can be had for under 1k. Also hear it works well.

1 Like

I used one on a 5L for yrs, it will work just fine

2 Likes

I have a 5 liter rotovap for sale. Complete, 1x welch wob-l left, and chiller

And I use a diaphram pump, not the janky water aspirator and hope it keeps on working.

1 Like

ZOIBKD on DHgate
I am a professional CBD extraction equipment supplier with the lowest price. Quality assurance. Welcome to check it out

Hello, our RE501 rotary evaporator is $ 1200 and includes Fedex shipping. ZOIBKD Search on DHgate.

I know this chiller.dlsb 5/-30.
I have been making and selling this chiller with many models many years and the price just is 900 USD ( 110V/60Hz).
if you want to know details and buy from me, pls DM me and i will send the quotation to you.

following picture for my chiller.

What brand 5l?

Good day sir,

you can buy re-501 rotovap, chiller and vacuu pump from me.

the price of re-501 is 700 USD and this price is good and valid on December.

if you want to know more, pls see my profile and you can see more post about my equipent

yes.

Thanks for your order sir.

I am manufacturer ( Lanphan ) from China and have been making and selling equipment with good price.
Now there is promotion on December and you can see following link and see more equipment.

Re501

what youre upgrading to ? :slight_smile:

How can i stop this constant drip anyone?

It’s hard to see where the drips coming from. Is it dripping from the feed tube or the sleeve between the rooto-ball?

That drip is just vapor condensing on cold surfaces it comes in contact with between the boiling flask and the condenser. On one hand, you’re always going to observe this to some extent and I wouldn’t really consider it a problem but rather a benign inevitability.

Rotovaps are not made/expected to remove 100% of solvent, and they have their limits. If most of your solvent is making its way all the way to the condenser/condensate receiving flask, then you’re recovering solvent faster than you’re inadvertently returning solvent drip-wise. Things you can do that should help are improve your vacuum depth (get a better pump, address any leaks) and increase the heat on your boiling flask. The idea here is that if the vapor/glassware are hotter, and/or if the vacuum is deeper, then less vapor should condense before reaching the condenser.

2 Likes

You need an extension on your feed tube. To take it all the way to the flasks mouth.

2 Likes

Once more louder