Rotary Evaporator help

literally what they are designed to do.

2 Likes

As I reread what I asked I see itā€™s a pretty dumb question lol. I had asked so much more in my head but didnā€™t type it out. Maybe Iā€™ll try again tomorrow

2 Likes

Their pricing was very good compared to other quotes we received on industrial distillation.

1 Like

@FourCorners, are you seeing any kind of isomerization in your recovered resin by using this type of still?

I think stills that operate at atmosphere will not encourage isomerization.

However, you will not be able to retain terpenes or produce thca due to the high temperatures required.

Right. But if the material is destined for distillate, than THCA is undesirable anyways and most terpenes are in low boiling fractions with other smelly volatiles.
If Iā€™m trying to capture THCA & terpenes, then isnā€™t hydrocarbon the better extraction method anyways?

2 Likes

No issues, the unit is under vacuum and has a chiller for the condensing. we run distillation at 70c and then go into our decarb program on the unit, which after distillation raises the temp (we can adjust) and holds it for whatever time we want to decarb)

Terps are all alcohol based, so terps will travel with alcohol when introduced into the process. My opinion, the best way for Terp capture is to run biomass through a C02 machine first, pull off your terps, then finish the process via alcohol.

2 Likes

Terps are alcohol based, once you add EtOH regardless of the temperature, your terps will join with the EtOH added and stay with it. C02 is the way to go to capture terps early then go to EtOH from there.

There is no fucking way you are getting 50L/hr out of a 50 liter roto, I you think you can, you are out of your fucking mind, and it is irresponsible to feed people such misinformation.

1 Like

The rotary evaporator is for temperature sensitive materials.

As we know the vacuum will make the boiling temperature lower.

Mehā€¦

I can definitely point you at folks who have showed up here without that particular piece of information.

Assuming everyone has any particular piece of knowledge, or making a statement that puts a value judgement in having/not having any particular tidbit is not encouraged.

Stating that ā€œunless you know A,B,&C, you should not be attempting XYZā€ is appropriate (at least imo).

3 Likes

What i said is definitely confirmed and uiā€™ll share the information i got from other place.

Having these information, we can do some trials to verify it. Helpful is ok, isnā€™t it?

By the time we are talking over 20L of recovery it means with a standard 50L you will have to empty your receiving flask. Along with preheating the incoming solution, Iā€™ve found that using a separate vacuum pump to pump down the receiving flask after emptying it really speeds things up