Rosin press go brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

21 Likes

Looking yummy as always brother!

1 Like

Can you enhance more?

1 Like

Welcome to the future @anon94533769

Thank you dude! Got some Banana Zkittles up here on the chopping block next! Stoked to get some new blood going!!

4 Likes

That’s looking like a delicious lemon custard :custard: :yum:

3 Likes

Homer simpson noises. Rosin terpsperimentation. 2.5g per vial.

19 Likes

Sorry to say it, but it’s likely not the press. Without knowing your pressing parameters (plate temp, fill weight & hash microns used, rosin bag micron, & press time + psi @ the bag) my first guess is that your hash has too much contaminant in it, which is absorbing the terp-heavy liquid fraction of your rosin and allowing the terps to cook off during the press, but still allowing your THCA to flow through and subsequently nucleate on the parchment.

Could also be too high temps, too long a press, too much pressure. But most people are aiming for max hash weight and not highest hash quality. You actually get more or the same amount of rosin from 10-20% less weight of some higher-grade hash than you do from a heavier amount of lower-grade. If you only have heads in your rosin bag, then you have no “sponge” to absorb the good stuff. Granted, the bag will always hold a bit, but you can fold, stack and repress to get a little bit more out.

Tell us more about your process so we can diagnose the issue.

1 Like

Digging the 'fuge tube mechanical separations! Cannabis science takes me back to when I used to brew beer for a living. SOOOOO many parallels!!! :beers:

What um filter do you have in there?

2 Likes

Thanks very much!! The tubes were a gift from monsieur @ky_cbd and the fuge was a gift from the man @TheWillBilly ! I had to do em both proud! I believe it’s 25 - I think a bit more heat would be doing me good in these scenarios as I tried to spin out some rosin sugar I made and the terp layer was much more viscous than those so it kept getting stuck in the THCA - lots more looseness while heated, probably need to get a heated fuge at some point now haha

2 Likes

Since your not using solvents close the lid on that thing and it’ll get to about 105-110 inside the housing open lid keeps it at about 85

5 Likes

Lol I forget sometimes that people have labs and don’t have to keep the lid closed for reasons other than protecting the cats limbs for spontaneous detachment

8 Likes

Haha! I kept it closed (cuz cats) but it still wasn’t warm enough to move the sugar but for the cold cure it was more than enough

Put your tubes in the oven at 120 for an hour and spin like the wind!

4 Likes

I will treat it like one of our normal outings hahaha

2 Likes

How long are you running the fuge to get that separation?

I’ve got a cheap Amazon fuge and it heats up quite nicely (measured a temp using heat gun of 100 F after 60 minute run time) after running a while. I usually have to spin for about four hours (an hour to warm.up and another three to separate). I’m wondering how the rosin viscosity compared to a pour off from BHO viscosity compare.

4 Likes

That was about 6 hours of running and even in the THCA above the tube there were a wee bit of terps left in some as you could see a bit of color - the rest of it straight up just turned to dust above the filter which was pretty cool

2 Likes

That for me? Looking MUY BUENO!

1 Like

Come to CO and it can be! Always down to get the homies high as fuck!!

Thank you very much bro!

4 Likes

Same to you with Cali homie we’ll throw down on a wash and squish sesh

1 Like