Room Temperature Winterization and Solvent Removal

Neem would not foul the membranes. We would have to take a look at molecular constituents of neem to predict which fraction the neem would end up in.

1 Like

How long are you getting them membranes to last when running wax through them? I’m kind of membrane illiterate but it seems like all that wax has to plug up the membranes in a short time, or i understand the tech wrong.

2 Likes

It is very similar to ro filtration, there is a waste steam from the process so the filter dosen’t accumulate debris.

1 Like

Hey @Soxhlet, are these filters available in a more R&D scale size or do they all require large filter housings? I’m having a hard time finding something to experiment with.

Whats causing the cannabinoid rejection? Are they getting caught with the waxes?

Hi,
The small ones are 2" diameter 24" long.

1 Like

The process generates two streams called retentate and permeate, the portion that does not pass through the membrane is called the retentate. The cannabinoids are lost throught the retentate side, just like ro filtration multiple filter membranes can be used in series to reduce losses. Losses can be reduced with membranes in series, but not eliminated.

5 Likes

Maybe you mentioned it above…

Are you hitting the 20% rejection rate with acidic cannabanoids? Or decarbed?

It’s close to 20% for both. Around 22% for acid forms, 18% for decarbed.

To be clear for everyone else reading along, “rejection rate” does not mean final cannabinoid conservation/loss. Roughly speaking, it refers to the amound of cannabinoid that does not permeate in one cycle. The use of our SOP gets final cannabinoid preservation greater than 97%.

4 Likes

Is that just by adding fresh solvent to the retentate until you hit some diminishing returns on cannabanoid permeation?

3 Likes

That is the basic concept. You also can alter pressure, temperature, initial solvent dilution ratio.

If you are interested in nanofiltration as a method to process cannabis or hemp oil come see this free webinar where I will be describing my work over the past two years to develop this field. The registration is free.
Registration link: Trends in Cannabis Extraction: Scaling Up and Purifying for Desired End Products

8 Likes

Hi fam,
It’s really the game changer
It’s been a great experience all this while

Thank you, i signed up for the webcast.

1 Like

I signed up as well, looking forward to the talk.

Any one have video of a membrane filter in action winterizing crude oil?

Here you go:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPHET1ahp8g/?utm_medium=copy_link

3 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/ecosceinc/

There are several videos of machines running, comparisons of different winterization fractions, etc. We invented this process for hemp and cannabis using many solvents including ethanol, methanol, heptane, and hexane. Our machines are stamped for good engineering for use at high pressures and in a C1D2 environment.

Someone else here gained access to our user manual and SOP through dishonest means and are attempting to pantomime our work, but I would not trust in it.

1 Like

:joy: now really who is that :joy::joy:

5 Likes

I have some super dark CO2 wax I would like to see this try and filter.