ReXing THCa in pentane

No reason to not set yourself up to get them to dissolve faster.

1 Like

Right. Mortar and pestel status

2 Likes

I like the stir bar and hot plate idea :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Just pulverize is what I’d have done. Personally

Spare that need.

Mortar and pestle.

No agitating necessary if it’s already isolate powder.

2 Likes

The cbd folks could tell you about using a grinding mill. I’m sure it’d be just as effective for THCa as it is for CBD.

Reduce particle size and it’ll dissolve faster, but still you want to reach super saturation at a temperature that’s higher than ambient. It’s marginally more efficient to do so.

3 Likes

Right, but look at the size of the suckers and the complaint.

And definitely crushing them up prior to Rex would be optimal to maximize surface area contact

2 Likes

After re reading the complaint I think the problem is the temps he’s talking about that he left it at is talking in Fahrenheit not Celsius.

Granted 96c would be too hot, but my point is the same.

I still think the answer to his problem is just go hotter on the solvent in a pressure safe container.

1 Like

Heat will definitely solve, but the amount of time will decrease dramatically with the initial dissolve product.

We’re both right and on same page. Fun.

3 Likes

I was never arguing against you, just trying to lay it out for the guy.

2 Likes

I’m just adding that quip because we can also be trolls.

1 Like

Granted I would have told you to swirl it around and warm it up a bit. But even the last thing I dissolved in pentane at the ratio I wanted still took me day or so in an 80-85° f oven. But I don’t have an sop posted. Just little spoons. So, that part definitely wasn’t included

6 Likes

Dissolution and extraction both occur across the surface area. Increasing surface area will speed it up.

Save a couple for seeds but grind that shit up.

1 Like

I’ve picked up your spoons given to others throughout the several posts, what’s odd to me is that a good % of the solids have dissolved into solution but i can’t seem to get that last bit to dissolve, even with ample heat and swirling, its had 1.5 days in the oven now. I plan to cool my jar, pour off the ML into new jar and crush up the remaining solids tomorrow if it doesn’t dissolve overnight. Thanks to all for your input!

4 Likes

Swirl regularly. It was bothering me quite a bit too. I ended up turning up the heat a few more degrees

3 Likes

Add more solvent or filter the fines through a coffee filter

4 Likes

update:

I was able to dissolve and grow some larger stones, although I burped it after a few days and started seeing sugaring and did not remelt the sugars with the larger stones still in solution, I harvested larger stones after 12 days and dissolved remaining sugars and reduced the solvent ratio by another 10% and am seeing facets with more clarity on this round after 6 days. I am trying to find a good in between ratio for time and clarity, don’t need boulders just going for clarity and stability. I also have started one more Rex with some more terpy starting material. Much love and appreciation to this amazing community for all the knowledge and support :raised_hands:

13 Likes

Just started doing pentane rex’s this past month or so, got about 5 jars going now at different saturation levels to see how the levels of saturation impact time/clarity/ size etc. These look great, and after only 2 days!? great work man :clap: hope i can get here soon :pray:

2 Likes

Man the spoons in this thread are big enough for soup.

10 Likes

Baby_Puss_(32)

4 Likes