Refining My Craft - Knowledge Share

Hey everyone, this site is something amazing for sure and I’m hoping to get things rolling with some solid information on making extracts of all kinds. I’m personally looking to refine my ability to make concentrates of all kinds and I personally wanna learn from those who are always learning something new and getting better everyday. Right now I’m currently running a low end set up. I got a vac oven and some tubes to blast through, along with the extract craft to help with winterizing. Gonna grab a short path soon along with a roto vap as well. I’m curious about the settings you guys like to use with the vacuum oven and what consistencies come with those settings. I’m interesting in making all forms, however right now my most desired form is shatter, however I’d love some sugar or honeycomb crumble. Especially diamonds, I’m getting the diamond miner from best value vacs soon as well to begin that venture. I like to keep it simple, the less processing I have to do appeals to my method of working, which is why I love rosin, but 4-6* rosin is really hard to get your hands on if you don’t have a good source of materials to process. So please feel free to answer any of my curiosities as I’m doing my best here to make the cleanest product I can.

1 Like

Congratulations on your first post. You’ve come to the right place and are now on your way to learning a ton of useful info.

Doing a quick search, you might begin learning some points of reference from the following thread;

4 Likes

"I like to keep it simple, the less processing I have to do appeals to my method of working, which is why I love rosin, but 4-6* rosin is really hard to get your hands on if you don’t have a good source of materials to process. "

Rosin is a lot of work. The best rosin requires some tek and I wouldnt consider it “simple”. Same with bho and ethanol extracts.

If you want top shelf products you can process fresh nugs and have the most caveman tek ever, or you’re gonna have to get really technical if you want to turn hay into gold.

Welcome, you’re in the right place

6 Likes

I appreciate you all. So I usually make rosin only with quality materials and use some really low temps like 180-200 low. I also like to keep my pressure to a min because the more pressure you apply the more waxes and lipids can be forced out. When I’m working with flower, I just straight pack those into bags and press. When it comes to trim, I shake that all up with dry ice and get the nice hash filtered out then press that.

I also gotta method where I take fresh materials throw it in a bag with dry ice and shake the hash out of that, gather the live hash and put that into the vac oven to dry up nicely, then simply press that hash to get live rosin. It’s really fire, especially when cured right.

I’m really interested in making diamonds out of rosin. That looks like possible art. From my understanding your using pressure to separate the thc from the terps when doing it solventless. The way I believe you do it is putting the jar in the oven or put it on a hot plate a temps around 90 degrees so that it can build up pressure from the low heat.

Really looking to learn anything I can.

I’m also curious if you guys might know a solid way to reclaim butane as it would be dope. I’m using ablaze steel tubes. They seem to do okay for now.

Look up closed loop system

3 Likes

Trying to build one.

Also I’m curious how much lighter I can make dark stuff with just winterizing?

Give this a read. You can achieve your desired colour with some cheap filter media.

Is there a way to do this on small scale. Also is the bleaching earth method a good idea?

I’m also curious what the ideal settings for an oven are to make shatter really nice and stable. Level of pressure, temp, and how much I release pressure and re vac the oven to clear out butane in the oven. Just looking to get this down pat.

Did you ever get a method to make the diamonds solventless? Also Do you know whats the best way to get a wet gooey type badder from squishing dry ice hash rosin? From what i know pressing low temp is best but after collection off parchment how do you get it into a something in that form any feed back greatly appreciated :+1:t3:

@Kblitty can’t you just fold your parchment so as you press it directs your flow straight into a mason jar? Like a parchment funnel.

Not how to store it, i wanna know how to get it to a wet/gooey consistency! Like the picture above

You need to throw it into a jar and whip the fuck out of it first, then after that you need to throw it into an oven around 100-110 degrees then just take it out now and again to whip it. Don’t leave it in there too long because you’ll make it more thick. It’s just like cooking almost, you can boil off the viscosity so you wanna make sure you don’t do that if you want it to be wet. That is when it comes to rosin being made into sauce aka baby food. When it comes to diamonds, you need to put the rosin in a jar, then introduce enough heat to make it melt slowly then let it introduce pressure to the jar, after that just leave it at room temp or you can throw it on a clone mat to keep the right temperature for the crystallization to happen fully.

1 Like

:+1:t3::+1:t3::+1:t3: Thank you ! Your the GOAT

1 Like

HELP!!! BHO-2-TEK
So I have a glass extraction column/bho/Local leaf(So called “gelato”)! I put the leaf into the column add who from top. Bho goes through packed column/coffee filter and into a Pyrex dish.
From this point u put into a mason jar and then I’m soo looossstt! Have everything to do it I think?! Just don’t wanna mess it up???