Red color during short path

Trying it today :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bad pump seal makes sense for sure. In my experience red shows up from several things. One is oxygen in system/leak , next cbn which can be from oxygen. Another is pulling thc fraction to fast and a thc vapor pours over and condenses on wall eventually turning red. Another is from running rso. Seems the large amount of pigments will stain vacuum tubing slightly pink to red during run.

1 Like

You can see the red in the flask just watch your vac speed and head taking it up , the higher the temps the more you see .

So how did that go?

I cooled it down, cleaned the glass and it tested at 90% thc d9

Great. cbleach with the heptane drastically helped our color issue. I also dgum while in heptane and have been told I have very good starting material as well. I never tried the bleach while in ethanol so I don’t have anything else to compare it to but what others have said. To be fair, I never really had much red anyways except on the first pass. But now there is no red on the first pass. Hope that helps!

1 Like

can you share a little bit of your process? im hitting 160 micron and can’t seem to make anything over 85%