Recovery pump selection

no worry s I am an angel these day s thx

1 Like

Hey! Yeah DM me and I’ll send you a copy of the information booklet they gave me.

1 Like

This is funny. Grown men standing up for grown men based on information they can’t prove and a person they’ve never met.

I stated, and truly believe, that @Roguelab clearly is intelligent, and being a studious qualified chemical engineer he should be.

But an untruth is an untruth.

Doesn’t matter how intelligent or helpful you are on forums or to peoples faces. It’s the stuff in the shadows that matters.

Live in SA and tell everyone you live in Amsterdam?

Claim to work only on licensed facilities but brag about being an expert smuggler on here?

Don’t care to prove myself or justify my well founded statement to people with very little information and a clear bias.

I know the truth, as yes I have been involved in this community for more than half my life, and no, no need for a VPN, as I live in the Western Cape, and have nothing to hide anymore.

Was just a friendly word of warning to be weary of the advice given.

Better safe than sorry.

Don’t care for the judgements of others when my original post was for the good of everyone.

Keyboard warriors stand together and ethics and popularity don’t mix so I’m used to this sort of reaction, hence this being the only online community I’m remotely part of.

Makes me laugh.

Thanks for the late Christmas present guys.

Think what you like it’s a free world.

And I never ever claimed to be more qualified or intelligent or understand everything that @Roguelab says, not by any means, I know my limitations, and don’t make up stories to aggrandize myself.

But that’s not the point.

Have a nice day.

There a two words I like most of the english language
Godspeed and nincompoop
They suit you both

3 Likes

How the fuck do I delete a post I regret?

You may wish to consider running all passive, and not using a recovery pump at all for many different reasons explained in this thread:

www.greenprocess.solutions

Whats your point…? Your talking shit to a person you’ve never met and only heard stories of, so what makes your goofy ass any better :joy:

1 Like

@DUMPSTERFIREOG Any word on how the 150XL is working out for you?

I am interested to hear some first hand experience about these.

How is the pumping capacity and noise level?

3 Likes

It stopped working within 4hrs and mvp is replacing it, waiting for that replacement now. In their defense we got the very first model and they’ve been nothing but excellent about replacing the pump. It’s been very slow getting the replacement but that’s more on bhogart than anyone at this point.

1 Like

Just an update, it runs hella fast, sounds like a loud ass tugboat, it’s loud as hell though and has to be bolted to the concrete floor extra well. In order to make use of it properly you’ll need a super powerful chiller. The chiller we use is a 50L -60c and it’s not enough in my opinion.

Is the pump keeping a uniformed or unorthodox sound? Kind of troublesome to know a pump needs to be bolted down of this size. You check it with a ppm often? Thanks

Sound is uniform, the first pump wasn’t. It performs well, just needs a massive chiller. Expect to spend 10k plus on the chiller alone.

1 Like

Stumbled upon this pump, hadnt seen anything like it mentioned before so thought Id share without making a new thread:

http://www.krug-products.com/custom/products

Specifically thought the hand pump is quite novel.

1 Like

Yea the hand pumps are def neat lil buggers. ive seen a small haskel that was “hand powered” on ebay while back. woudl be perfect for a lil “bench CLS” LOL

2 Likes

This is a re branded blackmer pump. It is oiled and not the best for extraction. The corken is a better choice

1 Like

Don’t have much experience with a Haskell. Running with 3 sub par pumps that only allow me to run at 40 to 50 psi. I get slapping sometimes, that’s bad correct? Lol I hate this pump. Coming from cemp-ol and corkens this thing is fucking slow as balls and loud as a mother fucker. Freshly rebuilt just trying to to kill it super fast

How safe is a caresaver pump and the ‘myestery oil’ for the extracts themselves?

Bonus Question: How safe would copper be to run on a closed loop system, both for the extracts and extractors?

The original mt69 coil was made of copper if im not mistaken and seemed to work fine. Not sure on the scientific aspects of changing anything.

2 Likes

Yah, mostly wondering if anything (oil or copper related) will start to end up in my LPG stream and eventually in the extract as I recycle the LPG.

It could patina, here is a copy/paste from this website:

The Stages of Copper Corrosion

In the first stage of the formation of a patina, copper reacts with oxygen in the air to form copper (I) oxide:

(Cu2O): 4Cu + O2 → 2Cu2O

This turns the copper a reddish color. In the second stage, this compound reacts with oxygen to form copper(II) oxide (CuO), which is black:

2Cu2O + O2 → 4CuO

You can observe these reactions for yourself by placing a sheet of copper on a gas stove burner. It first turns red, then black.

The final stage of patination occurs more slowly and usually takes several years. Copper (II) oxide and copper (II) sulfide (CuS), which is another black compound that forms when there is sulfur in the air, react with carbon dioxide (CO2) and hydroxide ions (OH-) from water in the air to form three compounds:

• Cu2CO3(OH)2
  • Cu3(CO3)2(OH)2
  • Cu4SO4(OH)6

These are the compounds that form the patina.

A copper patina develops faster in polluted air that contains a lot of sulfur, which is a byproduct of burning fossil fuels.

2 Likes