Recommended Ratios for Chemtek adsorbents

So my business partner recently picked up 6 10kg buckets of Chemtek media.

We’re running an MEP30 w/corken pump 6" material columns to a 3" CRC column w sintered discs stacked down 10-5-1 on the bottom .

Adsorbents purchased

Perform 6000
Ultra clear
B-81
Granular activated alumina
Supreme 55
And DE Quicksand.

My question is if anyone has used these medias and if they have any reccomended ratios per lb. Ideally wanna get between 6-8 runs before swapping powders w socks ranging from 4-7lbs dry/wet.

You are going to have a bad time if you are truly running 12" diameter material columns into a 3" crc. The crc volume is far too small at a 3" for the volume of cannabinoids you intend to run through it.

4 Likes

Lots of threads about this already.

Can’t give you any kind of definitive answer, too many variables man.

1 Like

I think it’s 6"

We’ve been using carbon chemistry and media bros powders for the past several months with good results. And now experimenting w chem tek.

1 Like

If you’re familiar with the ratios for other medias, start there.

Test small batches until you find YOUR ideal ratios and scale up accordingly.

Not trying to be a dick here at all, my mileage will vary from yours, as will other peoples

3 Likes

That’s what Im rolling with. At the end of the day there’s always something to learn / improve upon. I’m familiar with B-80,T5,DE, Silica (carbon chemistry) and crx/cry (media bros) so I’m just gonna apply my knowledge of ratios from there to figure out a good recipe for these new adsorbents.

3 Likes

I’d personally recommend a larger crc for those columns. A 6" could be used multiple times running w1… how you could be getting 7 runs from a 6" column through a single 3" crc with any media is beyond me though… I also like to top with a granular media for both flow dispersion and alternative color removal.

3 Likes

I can get up to a dozen runs on the same media. But I gotta fill the column to the top.

What do you consider one run on your MEP? All material columns or one column?

Per column

Cool, how many runs per 8h shift?

How long is your 3" crc?

1 Like

this is my curren machine 3"showerhead sray cap 3"x24" dewaxing collum down to 3"filter plate with 25 micron filter with 3"150micron gasket then 3"to 1.5" reducer with 150 micron gasket onto 1.5" ballvalve with 1.5" 50 micron gasket then int my colletion chamver which is 6"x12" with a 2"x6" welded base splatter platter. I use dry ice and denatured alchol for each run just did some outdoor stuff and material is definetly low grade just want to experiment with a crc with it i currently have a 3"x6"crc with 5 micron disk and 1lb of b-80 and i run 1lb of material what is a good ballpark ratio if im just tring to strip as much brown out of it as possible

For a dozen 6x48 runs that 3" CRC columns gotta be over 48" long lol

3 Likes

Agreed, anything over 24” gets difficult…

Pros can do it tho.

Agreed

1 Like

Glad we see eye to eye on this bro.

Or should I say, butthole to butthole

1 Like

They do, I seen it on the redtube

1 Like

Brown eye to brown eye

2 Likes