Recombining Remediated Mother Liquor with Isolate, Residual Ethanol

Good Morning Everyone,

I have been working on a new project recently involving remediated mother liquor and isolate. The goal is create a “T-Free Distillate” using the T-Free mother liquor and Isolate.

What I have been trying is to first get out all of the water and methanol from my remediation process by using our rotovap. Then I add enough ethanol back into the rotovap to create a fully homogenized solution that is easy to pour. I add this T-free mother liquor and ethanol solution to a beaker of hot isolate that I have just melted on a hot plate. I then Stir the solution while warming it for about 5 minutes.

I then put this fully homogenized solution back into the rotovap to attempt to get out the remaining ethanol. My last round of tests worked fairly well, however I ended up with a lot of residual ethanol left in my final product. (Over 10,000ppm)

I am now thinking I will probably end this process with an overnight purge in the vacuum oven. Do you guys have any tips for the vacuum/oven settings for optimal purging to ensure that I fix my residual solvent problems?

What are your guy’s thoughts and criticisms of my method, what would you do differently?

Also one last thing, I did actually add some ethanol and essentially decarb my non-remediated mother liquor extra long before putting it into my CPC for remediation. Do you think it is possible I have somehow created a reaction in my beaker between the mother liquor and the ethanol because I heated it for too long (3-4 Hours at 200F)?

Thank you all very much for your time, tips and insights.

Cheers,
-Kyle

ding ding ding…

start here Safe to purge residual ethanol in vac oven?

make sure you go here https://catscientific.com/streamlining-cannabis-post-processing-step-step-guide/

2 Likes

@CO_Chromatography Do you have tfree mother liquor for sales?