Realistic Live Resin THC/Terp Numbers? - Also need Live Resin in OK!

RUNTZ Decarbed live resin. Straight out of the refrigerator at 0 c. Came in at 83 % TAC / 11.9 % total terps. Like @Dannywarbucks said. Pretty regular.

4 Likes

tell them some @cyclopath on the internet said they are being lied to…

distillate plus 10-12% botanicals might meet their search pattern.

clarify via COA what they are sourcing.
if that’s THC (not THCA) it can be done. carefully

@Dankoholic & @Dannywarbucks you posted while I was looking for COA. I don’t have any…thanks for showing it can be done.

… presumably you can tell if they spun before decarbing by looking at decarb on the minors vs THC

3 Likes

So the minors stay with the sauce and therefore remain acidic if you spin before cook?

And they convert if you don’t?

4 Likes

Spun or not?

1 Like

looks like there is more CBGA, and CBCA than CBG or CBC, which reads as “spun first”.

and OMFG could you have made that COA harder to read?!?

2 Likes

You sir are correct in your assessment.

so NOT spun? dammit?

(check edit history…)

1 Like

Lol ill try harder next time. It wasn’t spun.

1 Like

I think the lack of cbda should be a giveaway. I would think there would be readable levels of it, but i could be wrong.

1 Like

Whew!!

even though I can’t READ, the data DOES actually indicate UNSPUN…with more neutral minors than acidic minors.

CBD: 0.111 to CBDA: loq
CBC: 1.059 to CBCA: 0.083
CBG: 0.977 to CBGA: 0.424

(&$_+_!4-^)(&&!)+(!

1 Like

I actually stumbled on this decarb sop by accident. I was making diamonds and the lid lost pressure. I completely forgot about it in the oven and found it some days later. I hypothesised it had decarbed when i went to whip it and nothing happened. So it went to testing. Sure enough it was 95+ decarbed. Now i feel like thats the easiest way to decarb live resin. It clearly dosent degrade the terps.

What temp?

1 Like

what’s your temp, roughly? above or below bp of water? I’m thinking below since it was a result of a mining mishap…

we do above 100C, but it only takes a day.

1 Like

Temp was around 85f. Lol i knew i was gonna get hit with this question when i posted that. All good tho. Maybe someone can learn something from this. I know some rosin bois that fully decarb at like 130-140f that swear by it. They claim to not lose terps because the jar is sealed, then cooled before they open it back up. But i havent really fucked with it that much. Not my top priority atm.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing! So you had decarb at that low of temp… That’s pretty cool. How long did it take?

1 Like

Couple of weeks. Like i said it was i forgot about it.

1 Like

Person who fulfills many many orders for live resin for infused pre-rolls here. They don’t have a fucking clue what they want. They want 75% cannabinoids in fact THC which means they want shitty HTE but then it’s 12% terpenes meaning you have two options. What they want is between fire HTE and shitty cannabinoid isolation so I would give them exactly what they want. I would infuse with 75% fire HTE about 18% terps and 25% liquid diamonds.

I’ll bet they have no idea about extraction and they just did math on. They were trying to hit 30% and they have some boof ass material they’re trying to do with and they need 75% THC to hit 30%. Easily formulatable and if you’re in California just hit me up and I’ll take care of all of it for you. If you’re outside of California, I could explain how to do this easily either way you need a cannabis expert to wade through the customers being dumb af.

With the correct strain you could just decarb your entire run but I like control and want to be able to fulfill and stupid request an uneducated customer has so I seperate d9 and volitiles.
In extreme cases of stupidity or pickiness I resort to d9 + my clear volitiles that are 75% terpenes. This way I can make 75% THC 17% terpenes and it smells Fuego but it cost more

9 Likes

Notice any excessive oxidation?

1 Like

Not more or less than any other extract. I think that oxidation directly correlates to proper storage.

1 Like

By “spun” do you guys mean sugared and separated from sauce?