Re-501 assemble help

We run that brand of vending machine(for carbide inserts)…although they are a little different set up. Definitely helpful in tracking poor employees, not that my employer does anything useful with that information…

1 Like

You can only get 2 per day drink mixes (Gatorade packets essentially) at Amazon.
To add to your own bottle of water.

1 Like

My cousin works for a software place that has beer in the fridge for during work drinking. I’m sure there are unspoken rules about it…and hard rules by the company…like only one or something. Times be changing…

2 Likes

I don’t allow alcohol at work, but I do supply the endless joints during work hours free of charge.

5 Likes

Machine shop rules: all spindles must be stopped before the first beer comes out, and don’t deburr the expensive parts drunk lol

3 Likes

Well…I’m almost done with a 62" long shaft on the OD grinder. .002" TIR on the 62". .002" diameter tolerance on 3 different features…one of is 47" long. 3 weeks into the machining…from 4" k monel to a 2" shaft…all me…puffing oil all day long…behind enemy lines. Cannabis and booze are different in their effects…

Edit…all the machines I’m using are over 60 years old.

2 Likes

I love big parts on old machines lol. We have a 21" leblond that’s 220" between centers. We can run .120 DOC and still hold .005 TIR on a 4 foot part in 17-4.

I used to work with a guy who we joked was only good for as many digits as beers in him. I swear the guy couldn’t operate a tape measure sober but get him halfway through a 30 rack and he could make a lathe part hit grinder part numbers

1 Like