Random distillate. COA’S 36%D9. 29% CBC 7% CBD?

Random fractions left over after chromatography when creating T-freeCBD (ND)
Then put through distillation then testing the COA’S all really random stuff…

Do you have a question? Or what is the point of this thread? there isnt much context.

3 Likes

Just looking for ideas on what to do with material like this… would you leave it as is and keep it as a unique standalone product? Or run it back through chromatography and try to separate the CBC from the THC? Or Can the CDC be isolated out of the Distillate as is at such a low percentage 29.53 CBC? Just wondering peoples thoughts thanks

Thats a pretty in depth question with a TON of options and ways to skin the cat.

CBC and THC are relatively hard to separate especially when its at an almost 1:1.25 ratio. I’m not sure what your chromatography process is but if its able to separate the cbc i would either isolate it and sell it as an isolate and then isolate the thc then convert it to something more valuable like cbn.

Again this is a hard one to answer as you can go so many different routes, all of them require a bit of r&d and time to figure out though.

1 Like

I tried to separate CBC from THC in the past I’m currently doing CPC chromatography and the THC and CBC come out in the very end with the THC first and the CBC last. The lower the concentration of the sample of course the easier separation happens however the time involved in running such diluted concentrations is very time-consuming… I attempted altering the proof of the mobile phase several times however I never changed the stationary phase haven’t really dialed in a method that can handle larger sample concentrations but I am still working on it. I would really like to isolate the CBC

You could try remediation by degradation and possibly convert the THC to CBN and keep the CBC or slightly degrade i some. (i have no experience doing this but i’ll share the thread im referencing)

Edit: adding thread link

1 Like

what type of remediation equipment are you working with?

we have two 100L columns that were doing manual column chromatography with. Its a custom poly resin. it doesnt have the best separation of minors but does a great job with thc remediation.

2 Likes

What is the Mobile phase you are using?

1 Like

Methanol and that high quality h2o

2 Likes

Same…

2 Likes

Where are you located? I have always wanted to check out a CPC in action!

1 Like

Southern California you are always welcome…

1 Like

Sorry for necro but is there any distillate with similar numbers available?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.