Rainbow Slick In Live Resin

was solvent distilled?

3 Likes

@og_extracts - I appreciate the additional knowledge on Zeritol. I’ve Included an additional photo of what we believe to be the issue. This is directly after pour off while the extract is still solvent heavy. It’s a foggy white substance that ends up dissolving and eventually turning into the rainbow slick.

1 Like

@apeksuser - Correct, we buy our solvent in stainless steel vessels and always distill low and slow prior to processing with it.

1 Like

i cant say it is indefinately but suffoil-x looks just like that excepted aerated/more bubbly. Which obviously over time/out the bottle would lose its “carbonation” idk what the term is for whatever it actually is but it looks similar to so.

May not be the most ethical but I would straight up scoop out that portion/some of the oil. Some may call me out for it but if its not your operation 100% i guarantee any party with financial interest would make some heads roll if you passed testing and could alleviate the visibility of the issue and decided not to vendor/continue processing cause of ethics.

I wonder if the cold temperatures from the hydrocarbons are helping separate/solidify it before it merges. Have you seen if it occurs in the collection pot? If it does and u can chill the collection pot to 0 psi…

Using brand new material socks?
I’ve seen a slick like that rinse into crude from brand new material socks… some sort of food grade oil used in their process.

1 Like

@og_extracts - certainly appreciate all of the feedback. I am still gathering everything I have so I can send it to the lab. Our secondary thought was Safer Soap.

@butanehash - All of our socks are washed in ethanol prior to use. We also tried several different brands to test that out and all provided the same rainbow slick on.

I appreciate everyone’s feedback and knowledge so far. Always open to any theories.

Welcome to the future @butanehash! Great suggestion!