QWET efficiency

Hi everybody, I’m trying to get some scientific data out of QWET process in order to identify the best efficiency of ethanol temperature. I know that there might be other factors affecting the extraction efficiency, but I’d like to focus only on temperature for the moment. QUESTION: is out there any table which shows how well ethanol dissolves cannabis oils and waxes at different negative temperatures?
That would be a very valuable piece of information (especially if coming from lab tests) and would save a lot of time and money …
Thank you in advance for your valuable support !

Not that i know off
But fact is that a singel wash at cryo is not enough even at long soak time to strip iT all off there for most if us rinse biomass twice

1 Like

Thanks anyway Roguelab … actually, the idea is to keep all parameters fix besides temperature. So it means that it will be a single wash using same setting, same ethanol, same amount and kind of starting material from same batch grinded in the same way and frozen for the same amount of hours, will use same containers, same soaking time, etc … The goal should be to find out the ethanol extraction efficiency at different temperatures

nobody that has gathered that data seems to have made it accessible.

the minimal data you can find is usually flawed.
Most folks don’t have In House analytics, so they use extracted mass as their metric.

However, the mass of the co-extracted undesirable products also increases with increasing temperature. At a rate higher than the cannabinoid extraction efficiency.

2 Likes

@cyclopath: do you think would make any sense to use the extracted and winterized mass as a metric? … maybe with 2 runs of winterization using dry-ice in order to be as much consistent as possible with the parameters?
Actually, the main purpose here would be to find the trade-off which is maximising cannabinoids yield while minimising the need for winterization … any suggestion on how to achieve that?

Conduct experiments on both at varying temperatures, collect data, and see which one works

No. Extraction efficiency is about comparing cannabinoids in to cannabinoids out.

So you need potency on input and output.

Might as well get a potency on your spent material as a sanity check…

1 Like