Question about Nitro Push

And if your collection pot is cold enough you don’t even really have to worry about loosing too much solvent. Its gonna stay liquid.

I agree 100% you can get that cheaper at @HFS. However thats a blank manifold i.e. w/o ball valves or fittings. Depending on where you source and how you want to configure you very well may be in that $500 ball park, especially if one were to use swage valves.

Thanks everyone I understand this concept much better now!

The bhogart FFP comes bare as well. I have a couple of each.

2 Likes

So if I run lets say 10 lbs of solvent into collection, that 10lbs will be at a specific pressure and temperature, then vent the N2 till the collection gets down to what you calculated it should be if the collection is pure solvent?

2 Likes

Yep. And with sight glasses you can do it visually. As soon as your LPG solution starts boiling, you stop.

3 Likes

Yeah, it depends on ambient temperature.

@greggoose710 damn i hope that your wrong about the price but you may be right its been years since i bought my cls.

@BananaBannabis yes if you have everything cold enough all the solvent will condense to liquid leaving mainly nitrogen in the top half of your vessel.
PRV ( pressure relief valves) are handy for those worst case scenario situations a newbie might find themselves in.
Best of luck. Dont over think it, stay safe.

3 Likes

Ya for real, Ill want that emergency pressure relief valve, messing with hydrocarbons can be daunting IF you dont know what youre doing. And I do not, YET.

I am learning more and more everyday, once I feel comfortable enough I plan on trying out some passive CLS. I like to have plenty of research under my belt and designs drawn out before doing anything haha.

In the meantime before hydrocarbons… Ill spend time making some damn fine live rosin!

3 Likes

You’re in the right place my dude. There’s a lot of talented and well informed individuals on this forum.

Ive found most nitrogen regulators are the same, one can be sourced quite cheap online. Can anyone else confirm? Is a $200 regulator better or more capable than a cheap amazon buy?

1 Like

Yeah, I’d go with a victor. Buy it once and be done. Some cheaper ones tend to leak or be inconsistent.

2 Likes

I cant say. But do know the regulators they sell at hfs for 70 are on amazon for 30 and work fine. Atleast so far

1 Like

i would just go dernord cause they have cheap stuff that’s rated for 1,000psi working operating pressure and glacier tanks for the jic or npt flares