Putting parchment in your biomass column

Freeze it to get it off or heat gun it into crude, should never use solvent on parchment

10 Likes

Thanks ill probably just try and freeze it and tack it off the paper I won’t risk getting trace silicone. Thanks for the help

2 Likes

Always check all your materials against compatibility charts.

Butane = Severe effect/degredation

6 Likes

That’s gonna be great help. Have bookmarked it for future. I appreciate the speedy replys

Yeah. So when you’re replacing your gaskets, or tubes, or hose, or anything, make sure you’re aware of your flow path and chemical interactions along the way.

EPDM, silicone, PTFE, BUNA etc. All have different compatibility. Look at the charts for anything you use in your system.

Poisoning your customers or dead-ing yourself are very real possibilities when dealing with this kinda stuff.

5 Likes

Idk if this is up your alley but I put mine in a pan sideways and throw it in the over and let it melt, I then use that product for edible (better option than throwing it out imo)

Back when I was still making rosin I would take all the sheets and stack them together, then do a low temp press and recover most of it like that. Works great if you have enough sheets and a press.

Edit: I see you’re talking about full slabs (not just what doesn’t want to come off). Get one side of the slab warm and one side cold, it will all stick to the warm side and the cold side should peel off clean.

1 Like

Are you trying to flip it? Making shatter?

If so, grab a clean piece of parchment paper and place directly on top of slab. Then flip it over and grab a stainless steel container or something you can place dry ice in, place directly over the slab and move it slowly around the whole slab and while it’s still cold start peeling off the paper and it should come off easily.

3 Likes

So technically what happened was I had a run that just did not shatter at all one bit, and eventually became extremely sappy sticky to the point where parchment began ripping, I was getting ready to do a new run and it crossed my mind to avoid all the hassle of freezing and picking away inbetween the tore parchment as it is tedious time consuming work, to toss it in the tube with my trim bud mix, but seeing as it’s not compatible I skipped it all together and did my run on its own, now that I come back to the post, I see @WhereAreTheStones said about the press so I may roll it up, stick in a bag and press it at 160 on the 10ton

3 Likes

Chances are it’s decarbed.

Adding it to your next run would likely have wrecked that run as well…

4 Likes

If thats the case I may just toss into edibles. Either way glad I asked before I did a dumbass thing

One forgets how much random technique you acquire with enough lab time. But then yiu hire a new guy and watch him try and deal with flipping a not sticky but not glassy slab and it all becomes clear as day

4 Likes

Lol I love how people have different techniques to flip a sticky slab.

1 Like

I bet it didn’t shatter because there’s just a lot of terps really Turpin strong strain with a lot of strong terps keep it viscous terps are also a Natural solvent

1 Like

Midsfactories making shatter don’t generally throw good weed at the problem. They DO throw year(s) old barn find at it.

Both can result in slabs that won’t stabilize.

Nose should tell those options apart.

As would in house testing.

1 Like

Throw it in a sweater and sweat the oil off the parchment paper or what @TRIPPIE said will work as well

3 Likes

Wool? Or will my poly blend work just as well? Will it make my dabs itchy?

3 Likes

See: How are people using the bucket centrifuges for diamond tek? - #10 by Waxplug1

2 Likes

What i ended up doing was sticking it in the freezer for a couple hrs, then worked it off slowly with the big scraper and put in bag and in the press, funneled the drip into a small jar. Will most likely end up using for edibles. Tha j you for all your help, last thing I ever wanna do is poison myself or a customer. I appreciates everyone’s knowledge!

5 Likes

was gonna recommend this lol. freezing it and scraping it off sounds 10x easier than all the other recommendations you’re getting on here :joy:
keep it simple.

1 Like