Properly Filtering Media from Extract

yes sir

2 Likes

I do this as well, it’s what I’ve always done to increase filtration speeds. I’m a big fan of siphoning the clean portion of the solution and then filtering the lower portion with all the sediments separately.

I believe this is either silica gel or celite that made it thru my filter.

3 Likes

nice! do you actually siphon it or do you attempt a series of pours from jar to jar?

1 Like

I siphon it off very slowly so I can keep the layer at the bottom from contaminating my clean stuff.

1 Like

I completely get we think it’s silica but what if u know it’s clean does same thing…

I guess what I mean at what point is it thcA?

I can produce otss Tek pics(no media used at all) of mine identical to this… Just asking don’t throw rocks. (I’m anal I have I have 6x filters and welded one coming too!! For my crc runs and they do the same)

pic ran w no media dry ice cold( used DI slurry for rapid cold crash)

… But I’m just asking guys I understand some ppl are getting stuff through no doubt and that has to be reran w better filters!

Is there no mass spec test that would pick up silica where someone could just test the stuff?

4 Likes

hey buddy! the difference here is that I do not get my jar cold. That will definitely crash out thca. Also, I have such a large volume of solvent that it is an UNDER-saturated solution.

I dont crash out any thca in this process. If i didnt get my phone stolen id post some pics :frowning:

1 Like

Makes sense now :green_heart::facepunch:

1 Like

Wtf phone stolen ?
Barely recovering and now this ?
Keep ya head up :fist_left:

1 Like

Anybody else try my tek yet?

1 Like

@FRESHcoastextracts I feel your pain, bud… so many talented people here, and so much info to try and make sense of! Cheers…

We have this type filter as well(Pall), but typically ours’s would be available quicker (Pall has typically long lead times) and usually less expensive. Let us know. Thanks, Greg 310-212-7777

Hey Greg is this product rated for butane?

Do you have site to order from?

1 Like

I get salty when ppl sell my sick little sister junk too tho .

What’s that mean?

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your sister.

Yes our filer is good with Butane. What temperature? Thanks, Greg

Apothecary36, yes our filter is compatible
with Butane. Thanks, Greg

We would like 150 Psi minimum rating. 350 Psi is best

1 Like

Hi Apothecary, I don’t believe the Pall plastic capsules are rated at 150pis (let along 350), typically a plastic capsule like the Pall or ours would have a rating of 75psi @ 100F. But we do have stainless steel filter housings that have those ratings. Then you can put a filter cartridge into the housing, will that work for you? What type of fittings would you like for a stainless housing? Thanks, Greg