Programmable LED Lighting

here I go again with my shameless pitch for the Grower’s Choice ROI-E680. I am now running four of these and couldn’t be happier with the increase in yield and all around performance. They have a manual intensity feature that allows for turning up the intensity during flower and there is a controller that features the sunrise/sunset feature. They are capable of daisy chaining with only one controller needed for multiple lights. I run my lights in separate bays with varying stages of veg and flower, so I have not purchased a controller. I do have one area that will require 3 of these lights and plan to grab a controller for that spot and the 3 lights in it. I grab mine from a place in Tucson Az that I have done business with for 5 years and get them at about $890 each and I think the controller is about $350

I feel the future is spectral tuning LED’s:
https://cannatechtoday.com/led-spectral-tuning/
I could only find 1 brand LED that offer this but they are horrible at marketing the new tek.
Anyone here using these:
https://www.progrowtech.com/shop/ev/ev700/
Price is super high. I would love to play with one of these but just so expensive for a 700w LED.

1 Like

As far as messing with the spectrum its best to use recipes. This will be available shortly on the market. Want a 315 spectrum? Load it and go, 1k watt DE HPS load it and go.

That’s in the gavita pro 1700e and spydrX $$$# there.

Might as well go with a well known name vs the above.

1 Like

1 hood
2 sockets
1x 3k 315w cmh in 1 socket, 1x 4k 315w cmh in the other socket.

Neither of those LEDs have spectral tuning so not really comparable. Been running Sunplix 10 bar 820w LEDs for a while now and feel they are one of the best U.S. based bar LED’s for the money($ per watt).

It’s all about the MOQs. Most Chinese manufacturers can reprint a trace how you want for fairly minimal volume if you provide the engineering. It’s not like a board with the specific diodes on separate channels costs anything different. I would think you could get what you want without much of a price bump with an order of 1000 units and a good rep (haggler).

Still not comparable to spectral tuning. Did you click the link and read the article?
Spectral tuning you change the spectrum throughout the plant life cycle.

Found one that uses a sweet app for wireless control:

Its $1300 for 700w so a little cheaper:
https://www.ledgrowlightsdepot.com/products/scynce-led-raging-kush?_pos=4&_sid=b09c22edd&_ss=r

I did read it. Flower cycle benefits from more red vs blue. Blue 8n flower = more leafy.

I will always share what I learn as that’s what this site is for. Unfortunately I know less than all you big ballers. Maybe growers using this tek wanna keep it from the competition?
@BG305 you used the word recipes and I don’t think that was a coincidence that this company used recipes. Why not just post the link instead of saying this tek is coming?
https://scynceled.com/spectrum-tuning/recipes/kush/kush-phase-one/

This is not directed at you @BG305 but IMHO if members are only here to get all the free knowledge they can but don’t want to contribute they don’t belong here.

There is zero need for full spectrum in flower, let alone veg. Pick the best spectrum for what stage your growing.

This is why I run only 4k in veg, and 3k in flower.

Reason why theres MH and hps specific bulbs. I do NOT want blue in flower. I’m after red. I do t want any red in veg, only blue.

All this fancy ass shit only leads to more problems of breaking. Then what? Your faked!

Edit
I have done test runs with a 4k bulb vs a 3k bulb. Mh vs hps in my rooms.

1 Like

Im not trying to keep any thing from anyone. I am happy when people around me come up as want everyone to win. I have been working with engineers developing a nice LED that competes with a DE unit. This isnt available yet because we are still developing the recipes. It’s not as easy as turning a knob and changing the spectrum. The average joe growing has no clue what the different wavelengths do to plant let alone the nm you need to be at. I have 4 prototypes that I have been testing for about a year now. I’m now ready to take it to the commercial level with 24 units and see if we can produce a DE replacement with lots of bells and whistles.

The left side is 4 LED units the right side is DLI 315’s. You can clearly see that the 315 side is more uniform and overall healthier. The left side has different recipes. First is blue heavy and they stayed short, green and bushy. Second unit is white/ red heavy and you can see its to much at 750w burning the plants. Third is a white heavy/red mix that is what i would consider average. The last unit is a better mix of blue/white/red and you can see how the plants excelled. It takes countless hours of R&D to bring something like this to market on the side of the enginners and on the side of the grower. Thia why you dont see any LED’S that really kick a DE’s ass in Yield and power consumption.

4 Likes

I have grown with MH/HPS for over 15 years so fully understand blues for veg and reds for flower. Right now if you want to run multiple spectrum LEDs you have to buy multiple lights. With this new tek you buy 1 LED and change the spectrum throughout the plant growth cycle. It looks like Scynce LEDs is the only company that allows you to still get full power while dialing down certain spectrums.
I do agree more shit to break but that’s true with all tek.

Awesome thanks for sharing. Of course I had no idea you were working on your own LED. Cant wait to see what comes of it. You mentioned recipes and the only company that uses recipes for LED programming that I know of is Scynce. I looked into a Scynce recipe and the spectrum changes 5 times during flower.
As I posted that last part was not directed at you.

NP my bro. I wish it was as simple as give it some red light here and some blue there. What we are doing is taking the guess work out of spectrum changes. I feel that the best way is to give growers spectrums they are used to already like DE hps or a 4200 315. This will help the transition from traditional bulbs to LED. We will also have other recipes from my test grows and you can adjust your own spectrum from the app to whatever you feel is best. I’ve posted this some where on here.

1 Like