problems with clogging! PLEASE HELP!

The systems we build have a dedicated manifold and do not need to be dissembled. Any thing that needs to be removed or bend frequently has a short section of ptfe hose to accommodate.

4 Likes

The manifold thing is an upgrade I’m looking to perform do you know a good place to get the tool to put the compression fittings to the stainless tubing? Everything I can find is for soft rolled copper or the same Unless you buy a $1000 swadge lock hydraulic fitting die press😦

to connect a compression fitting to tube one only needs two wrenches, the tube is inserted into the fitting and the nut on the outside tightened to grip the tube.

4 Likes

I just started using an injection coil and one of my 2 collums is not filling I can hear the ice sounds like a rock

got a filter dryer?

I have a sieve on my recovery before that coil .
I dont see moisture in the end but can’t figure out what else it could be

would the filter/dryer be in place of sieve?

Mol seives are the beads that are placed into the spool, called the filter dryer. you may want to run the columns individuallly or boost with n2, dosent sound like you have enough pressure to do both.

2 Likes

Im having the same issue as the OP. Switched from inline to 3/8 and now things are locking up in the CRC. It’ll start flowing slowly and just slow down over time. If i pull pressure down in the collection it will speed up a little then clogs up.

I can heat it up and wait, hit the bypass try again… Hit it or angry cry on it while doubting my whole life… It still wont flow more than a trickle till after i clean it.

Ran out of Celite, should i be able to use just filter papers and T5 for testing? Im having issues running through a small bed of T5. Temperatures have been much lower lately if that makes a difference.

Been stuck for a while now. Celite coming in the mail from Killa. Probably something simple that im overlooking. Ill post up a pic of the bottom CRC filter.

Ill do a clean out run empty and see what comes out. I havent done that yet.

how much powder are you running and what size is your CRC and rest of your system?

Running cold will definitely make your flow go slower through the powders. How cold are you running?

Celite is generally used at the end to catch any fine particles that come from the powders above. You might be okay just running a slow filter paper, but there’s a small chance you might get some fine particles through that. Celite is just a filter aid to catch that stuff before your last filter which should be a sintered disc.

Do you know what the psi is on your column before the CRC and after? I wonder if its vapor lock or just binding up in the media as it passes through.

Are you running more solvent than normal to help your solution flow through the media better?

1 Like

4 inch spools and 4 inch CRC. 3/8 lines 12x16 jacketed hemispherical collection

Running my solvent room temp 50-80*f

Solvent tank/column pressure lately has been around 50-70PSI

If i start in the negatives and open the handle to start the fluid flow it will almost always stop. Im thinking it could just be my filter packing?

just about to pack it up now and ship it…early day today with the boys. LOL

1 Like

You are the man. I could use a day with the boys after this week of filter clogging and doubting everything.

The CMEP ingested some filter dust which kicked off a 3 hour rebuild along with things being almost completely stopped. If i had employees they would be sitting around… haha

1 Like

should be with @qma, @NegativePressure, and @oilcityextracts in a little. Love having such an open SFL community with cool members where on a tues morning we are all talking shop. Definitely will have @BG305 with us on Friday too. Its nice all of us are linking up on a weekly basis and helping each other grow in this market while sooo far out of the action. You guys in Rec legal states have no clue the opportunities you all have.

3 Likes

Funny. I was just bugging BG305 about my issue before I posted about it.

We could use a local hangout for Mendocino/Humboldt.

Oh. Ive also tried starting with about a 10 PSI difference between the filter and collection and had my best results there. Flow was still crap.

Collection is warm when pulling into it. I cant say its been a problem before.

Might be moisture?

Powders were chunky and the chunks stayed cold for a long time

Might have it figured out. I had some terps in my gas lately and moisture

Also am having problems with powders getting in the filters. I’ll be hitting up killa for some filter rings