Problem with CMEP-OL

I am in California. You will need to take the compressor core off and send it to me.

rob@cmepshop.com

1 Like

Where are you located?

San Rafael, CA.

2 Likes

Someone just gave me your number, small community lol

1 Like

I have a pump that ran dry (after reaching full vac) for a few hours and shut off, im guessing from overheating. Will it inevitably need a rebuild?

Update,
Its cooled down, just kind of hums and doesn’t turn over.

1 Like

Bearings are probably seized

2 Likes

Needs replaced?

Inevitably, yes it will need a rebuild.

My advice to anyone using a CMEP-OL is that you ought to keep a timesheet. Full overhaul at several hundred hours depending on how hard you run it. I’ve never had one I didn’t have to service at less than 200 hours (I’ve only had 2).

In my experience, using a decent chiller on the compressor coil is a good way to increase service intervals.

Ya, get the #’s off the bearings and you can find them cheap if your gonna rebuild it yourself, or i can give tou my guys number if tour down south.

the bearings are custom. all non factory bearings that say 6908 will fail in under 40 hours of use. The factory bearing is a custom made 6908 with special grease in it that handle the high temperatures and the hydrocarbon environment. The factory bearing is technically and 6908HC with generic bearing covers on it

Man, I wish this forum had a laugh react. I don’t know why anybody takes you seriously.

1 Like

I have personally used those bearings on many rebuild’s and have put 100’s of hours on them with out them failing. Actually the only tjme i ever had bearings fail was the factory ones after a 1 yr or whatever.

1 Like