Pressurized Liquid Extraction by FMS

Hello everyone! Just joined and have been learning a lot of great stuff.

I’m looking at opening an extraction equipment rental business. I realize that sounds odd so here’s a little background. Here in Oklahoma, medical marijuana license holders are allowed to process their own home grown, up to 6 plants. They just can’t do it in a residential neighborhood. To avoid becoming a licensed processor under the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority, the best route would be to have a facility where home growers can come and rent the equipment to be used in the facility. Since vaping cartridges are so popular, I’d prefer to focus solely on a system that would produce that oil.

It seems unlikely that this is plausible but I’ve been looking into the Fluid Management System PLE/1 with their SuperVap. If customers were able to bring in dried/cured flower, would running it through this system (warm ethanol extraction + evaporation) be sufficient for vape cartridge oil?

I’m new to all this and really don’t know what I don’t know so any help or guidance would be appreciated!

Read read some more
But you will need more processing steps to achieve vape oil

3 Likes

I’m in OKC, DM me and I’ll see if I can’t help ya out.

1 Like

Fellow Okie! I can’t find where to DM…

Tap/click on the users name and you should see a “message” button or an envelope icon.

1 Like

Phil you should be on this buddy! Right up your alley.

2 Likes

I see several problems to overcome. One being the rental of equipment that requires training and an understanding of chemical processing, fluid mechanics, and molecular distillation. This is not just a slap together system. There are several steps to make distillate/shatter/live resin crude oil. Extraction method (cold ethanol is preferred), CO2 and Butane are very dangerous without proper safety measures. All of this requires a Class 1 Division 1 extraction booth/zone. Being in the extraction manufacturing industry I would recommend no allowing the general pubic to run any machinery in this environment.

2 Likes

Get anything going? In OKC myself? Thanks!

Chilled water hash laundromat with rosin presses

2 Likes