Ppm of colloidal silver for fem seed

Hi
Title says it all.

Whats everyones opinion on colloidal silver ppm for flipping plants???

Thanks!!

1 Like

I purchased 1000ppm qt of a gallon past summer. Diluted it down to 100 ppm with to water. Used as recommended 0 results. Purchased 2 1 oz bottles of teresa’s mist , I believe it’s sts not colloidal silver but haven’t been able to confirm. It worked. But didn’t seem to get much if any pollen from the pollen sacks. Sorry for not answering your question, not sure if my diluting of the colloidal silver made it not work for whatever reason, or if my blue biscotti wasn’t receptive to the colloidal silver but is with the sts

2 Likes

I saw several sites mention a ppm of 30 minimum.

I had luck with 60ppm.

4 Likes

I always did 50 ppm CS. It doesn’t always make nanners and even then they might not make pollen. STS has worked more consistently, but I don’t do that anymore.

Feminized seeds are going down the path of breeding with the devil using intersex genetics.

7 Likes

Well maybe, but that doesn’t necessarily make reg seeds better in regard to the low quality genetics being sold. The last reg packs I saw someone pop ended up half males and the other half hermies and runts.

And in regard to the op’s question, 120 ppm works every time for me.

2 Likes

Do you like to pull plants with male flowers at flip or in the middle of flower?

M/F seeds typically show at transition. Feminized seeds can pop nanners any time in flower, wasting lots of your resources.

1 Like

Yes, true males do show early. When you see late nanners, I would contend that is a hermie and not a male. Whether fem seeds are more prone to hermie than reg, idk, but in my experience they both do.

If you want to see reg seed hermie like crazy, pick up some ghost town og from greenpoint seeds.

3 Likes

It’s further complicated with sex testing. It isn’t a guaranteed female if a plant has two X chromosomes shown in testing. It can still be intersex and seed your whole room.

I did a lot of work with Ethephon to “masculinize” seeds. If you run the punnett square, 1/2 end up being male, 1/4 end up being female, and 1/4 end up being sterile. Fun stuff.

1 Like

@AgTonik, I’ve been doing ethephon trials and I have one male afghani from seed that I topped, one side is male and the other is female r/n. Crazy, prolly gonna bin it.

2 Likes

Cool. With experiments like this, it’s no wonder there’s so many weird terps out there these days.

I’ve been wondering when someone is going to do colchicine inducing polyploidy and mutations like we have done with hops for so many years.

EDIT: They already have, but no one has a program built around it:

1 Like

Also @AgTonik, I’m bouts to flower my first couple freakshows. Thx again.

4 Likes

How do they look compared to the advertising pictures? Freaky?

1 Like

Super freaky @Kenley everyone who see them are like “wtf!! No way that’s weed”

2 Likes

Have you gotten to taste any yet? I’m curious as to how it smokes.

2 Likes

Tastes like sour apple diesel, great sativa head buzz. I’m still wondering what kind of mutation it is!

3 Likes

Mmmmmmmmmm @AgTonik

2 Likes

So what are people doing for colloidal silver? Generating their own? Buying pre-mixed and checking with a ppm meter? Mixing STS?

In the fridge, what is the shelf life of STS, anyways?

When you do an S1 of a plant, it’s going to look like the parents more than the original plant. If you select the offspring with the least herm tendencies from some of these hype strains, I’m sure you could still get some fire.

If a plant shows traits that it can herm, sometimes it’s being stressed too much and even lowering your ppm while feeding can reduce the risk of spitting dicks.

Also depending on the region, a little coco wet and switch will help prevent it.

But, let’s get back to pulling our nanners out. Literally. Hahaha

2 Likes

Just ime, I don’t have issues with hermie a from fems. That’s being said, I don’t like the lack of variation in phenos.

I usually start a mix of fems and regs, I’m not die hard either way!

2 Likes

There’s breeders that are amazing at breeding with fems and there’s breeders that are amazing at breeding with regular male pollen. In house genetics for example. There’s a few borderline hype strains from that dude

3 Likes