Post Your THCA Pics/Vids

how much b80? and no not if your powders are frozen when you do your runs

I cannot guarantee my crc stays frozen between columns. Why wouldn’t one take the minimal step to remove that much water from 400g of powder? Seems like a no brainer to me.

Has anyone else actually measured the h2o coming out of their powders? It might surprise the shit out of you…

Edit
It was probably more like 700g that yielded the 1/4 cup

Feel free to bake them up. It’s just my 2 cents. Baking powders is a pain in the ass especially if your doing a lot of crcing and your ovens are full of diamonds. There is tons of water in fresh frozen material but if you run it cold and fast you don’t pull any moisture out of it so it’s the same principle.

3 Likes

I suppose if your running FF your going to be taking all that moisture into account and keeping it frozen anyway. FF is something I dont do.

This is a very good example of why we all need to do it differently per our specific set ups, material inputs, or various operational parameters, to achive our desired outcomes. This is not a “one size fits all” kind of field.

4 Likes

i agree but the principals can be more or less the same in what you are trying to achieve. I‘ve done tons of experimenting over the last few years to know what is the best way to do something with the least amount of work and extra steps and still get fantastic results.but it’s true everyone has their own way of running things which are going to result in different outcomes. baking powders and mol sieves are not necessary though. I run mostly fresh frozen and have never gotten moisture in an extract

1 Like

What about your poor solvent?

I have a thing about people who do something for a living but have never made a mistake. I thought you had done a lot of experimenting?

3 Likes

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

2 Likes

oh i have made tons of mistakes. That’s how i’ve gotten to where i’m at today. Those mistakes have given me the knowledge of what works and what doesn’t. Tons of people say you have to do things this certain way when that’s not the case at all. What about my solvent? it’s fine

5 Likes

https://images.app.goo.gl/LXR8DULrkY5DHjQ49

1 Like

If your material is frozen and your material column is frozen and your system is vacuumed out. Where are you pulling moisture from? If there is moisture in your gas it would freeze instantly when it goes into your injection coil. and clog up your lines yet that doesn’t happen if you do this procedure. I run my own material and would absolutely never want to compromise it. Like i said i did the experiments and know the results. I

4 Likes

I guess if I had never gotten moisture in my gas or extract I wouldn’t be worried about it either.

I was just taught that way and it has always worked, but believe me if i had gotten moisture in the extract i would def use one.

I was not taught. I learned my my own hand isolated in a bubble in the woods, until f4200. Then it became a collective thing.

I come from industrial manufacturing where single mistakes can cost millions. We approach liability and risk management differently. If we didn’t want moisture somewhere, we wouldn’t put it in the system with our own hands. I suppose I just take a different approach. @FicklePickle has seen me clean…there are benefits to my approach at times.

8 Likes

Fresh frozen if not frozen fast enough will have water frozen on the outside

1 Like

whatever works for you. and again not saying your wrong just stating what i do and what has worked for me. There are a lot of opinions in the extraction world and the only real way to figure out what works and what doesn’t is to experiment. I have worked backwards from complicated and just eliminated things that were unnecessary. the extract speaks for itself

4 Likes

The extract is what speaks. It is not you, here, sharing how you’ve leveled up. Its literally pictures.

3 Likes

Ive both baked and ran and not baked and ran, there is a ton of water rhat comes out of b80. I load it directly into the column so i cant speak to rhe longevity of baked or not baked but i have experienced almost the exact looking material from both. Im gonna do some more testing now just too see, you all got me curious

If you pack your media in your material columns and then put them in the freezer before you extract that moisture is frozen just like the water in your fresh frozen flower. when you run -50 or so solvent whatever moisture is in there stays frozen and is not pulled into the extract.

3 Likes

I’m sorry. I’ve had too much to internet today and I’m being a righteous prick. I will stop now. Fuck…

4 Likes

your fine just giving tips

3 Likes