Post your diamond pics

You know what it is

1 Like

Pentane

1 Like

Two weeks of growth. Toll run for @FicklePickle

9 Likes

yeah check out my post in the rexing pentane thread the huge 30 gram diamond i grew was grown in 8 days. Most of my 2-3 grammers are done in 2-3 days.

4 Likes

5 days growth.

10 Likes

That bottom shelf might run hot. Check it with a heat gun.

2 Likes

Damn I guess I missed that pentane s thread ima go check it out so that’s how all you guys are making those baller stones? What are the main benefits of pentane ? I would guess higher purity since it evaporats slower any reason ethonal can’t be used is it something to do with no polar solvents working better?

3 Likes

I toured a lab yesterday and the owner days to his lab manager, “Show her your pet project” and behind all the other jars and metrc tags was this beauty.

16 Likes

Beautiful clarity was that pentane?

I’ll temp it when I get back to town. But it usually holds pretty well. And hasn’t shown any crazy temps, but I will make sure to keep an eye on it. I have a large miner in there and I didn’t want it to scuff up the actual oven whenever I moved it around

N butane

OSS tek - Butane - Chemdog Nug run

11 Likes

More pics

IMG_20210716_203422_656|499x499

20210722_114440_copy_1209x1385|436x500

1 Like

1 Like

I’m gunna leave this here for those that are curious. This is real maple syrup. Just like making diamonds the sugar will crystallize. ive seen rock candy posts here before this is just to add to the notion that crystalization is not unique to the cannabis industry. If you are struggling with diamonds sugar may be a decent place to start

9 Likes

I posted jars honey that’s done the same thing

Honey bee honey that’s crashed

2 Likes

Love it dude it looks like a freezer bloom almost!

2 Likes

yeah the honey sat so long the sugars crashed out… they reduced the price bc of it super cheap… glad they didn’t know all I had to do was drop the jar in almost boiling water to melt the sugar back into it

the quart jars were like 1.99 and honey ain’t cheap… I assuming the sugar content was super high and got hot? maybe evaporated a lil nectar

2 Likes

Sounds right to me. I wonder what the sugar content is in natural products like that. Or purity for that matter. I know syrup cleans itself once it hits a certain viscosity. With that honey it would stand to reason that even given temperature swings the sugar content must be high enough, and purity good enough where the natural viscosity is not inhibitive of growth? If find it a curious matter. Was the surrounding nectar thinner after the formation? Just taking an uneducated guess.