Please Help! Glass jar shattered in transit need to sieve remaining distillate

ARE there new questions?

Absolutely!!

Would anyone who stopped to think about for a moment imagine this was one of them?

If not new, then search.
That Helps even OP next time no?
Even showed the work on how to find the motherfucking answer.

Curt is not cunt…

Though you’re certainly free to interpret my responses how ever you like.

Typing this shit with one finger.

Edit: Once upon a time I made my lab notebook into a searchable database rather than pen & paper. It was a game changer. Then almost 10 years later the googles arrived. Understanding HOW to search will change your fucking life. So I take every opportunity to encourage that skill.

Did I call the OP names?

No. I asked “do you think this has come up before?”

Answer should be a resounding “Doh!”

That is in no way shape or form dissing OP. Least not from where I’m sitting. OP is also (hopefully) not the only one who will benefit. From the threads I linked (one of which I created to help others explore glass removal), or the “hmmm, is this a NEW question?”

Feel free to put me on ignore if you don’t like the way the cutlery tastes.

19 Likes

I mean, with all due respect, this is pretty much common etiquette in most situations that arise where you start to have questions.

I don’t know very many people that will go out of their way to hold someone’s hand who hasn’t demonstrated they’ve already put forth some level of effort on their own to solve a problem.

This goes from asking questions on this (and quite frankly any forum I’ve ever been a part of) to problems that come up in day to day life, to problems that arise in a business setting, to any number of other scenarios.

I would say it’s a base level of respect that you create by showing that you have the ability to be (or attempt to be) self-sufficient. I would wager that by not demonstrating any level of individual effort to solve the problem, and expect everyone to repeat answers that are readily available, one might say it is quite insulting to assume our time is less valuable to ourselves than yours is in the time it would take to enter a small string of text into a search bar.

5 Likes

We all were much worse previously, you need thicker skin if you’re gonna stay here.

@cyclopath is the biggest spoon giver on the site, they can either take his advice or not, but he’s probably the most helpful member here.

We all got super fucking tired of answering the same questions over and over and over, so now most regulars don’t even say anything, at least he still helps while chiding people for being lazy.

15 Likes

He’s one of the only ones that still consistently answers and throws links at these basic questions.

10 Likes

what is the disty going to be used for @yuan2211

2 Likes

Wasn’t chiding OP.
Agreed with previous posters.

Suggested simple test for determining “search vs post”.

Gave link to first thread I found, and query used to find in.

Then added thread I started to explore similar subject.

When I feel the need to call someone lazy, I do.

But in general I consider that one a complement.

Why did I put my notebook in computator? Cause I was lazy.

Why do I strive to improve every process I touch? Because I’m lazy!!

Why do I admonish folks to search?
To reiterate it’s a database?

Why do I cross-link things? Do it’s easier to stumble around once you hit something.

Why give the search queries? To teach them how to fucking fish.

Should such things be taken as a diss? Why the fuck do that. Lot more folks need to solve this than OP. Some might could benefit from that “oh fuck me, it’s a searchable database?!? moment. Why would you have me deprive them ?

10 Likes

That’s not an unreasonable plan given your limitations. I wouldn’t try to solvate your distillate as you won’t be able to recover it without equipment. I’d warm it in an oven until it it easily pourable and sieve it through a strainer rested on top of a jar. Use a kitchen strainer that can rest on a jar. Sink drain strainers are also good for resting on jars. You could use something like a hairdryer to keep it motile and help it run through. Less is more with the heat and heat gun, but do get it warm enough to be very pourable.

Glass is not the worst thing in the world (still not good). Likely the particles are fairly large and easy to remove, and they won’t burn when consumed.

1 Like

all im saying is this would have delivered the exact same info and help without this sentence that is only there to belittle the OP

@Dankamoejoe, this isn’t a safe space and your feelings are not at all important to anyone but you. I know this is probably hard to hear, and will require some time to heal properly…

8 Likes

no one asked you to jump in

Free of charge community service.

11 Likes

just felt the need to jump in to make yourself feel important eh? its ok not everyone has a high self esteem, some people need to put others down to feel better about themselves bravo for that buddy haha have a great day stay safe

Cyclopath has helped me on a few things that no one else could and for that I am grateful. If that means he tells my dumb ass to use the search every now and again shit I’m still grateful

15 Likes

He answers things like a good teacher does, gives u the basic info and then a ton of resources to research yourself and possibly find a more creative/appropriate route to solve ur problem.

Stop bitching about spoons or ull get the forks, id rather be poked with a spoon then a fork.

17 Likes

Isn’t that what you’re doing here? What have you added to the conversation?

Pot, meet kettle…

5 Likes

might be time to add a FAQ for newbies in the top bar?

3 Likes

They’ll still ask the same questions

10 Likes

yeah, but we can save cyclopath the trouble of linking stuff

Maybe a popup when you go to post that asks you to confirm if you’ve used the search bar first? Then there’s a checkbox that you don’t want to be asked again, but everyone will have to see it at least on their first post.

3 Likes

You should have to answer 5 basic cannabis questions before you even get the ability to post here.

2 Likes