Peristaltic pump as discharge pump on SPD?

So is it proper business etiquette to like when someone makes a feeble attempt at belittling a potential customer? You offer to sell me a custom gear pump with all the bells and whistles then that happens.

That’s what I was getting at.

And we know buying something already set to run is more expensive then purchasing from the manufacturer direct and building yourself.

2 Likes

You can disagree with me. That’s okay. Plain and simple i did this and it does have issues with back feeding molecules. The roller action is still not as effective at forward pressure with vacuum. High vacuum. I also seemed to have issues with rotos at about the 30-50 min mark with those pumps.

Gear pumps move very very fast. Internally insane speeds. The movement is usually enough to prevent those issues. And to be fair I’ve been machining them for mods, I blow through 650-750 index holders and index cutters like no other. One after the other. The stainless is heat treated vacuum super dense stainless. The controllers aren’t cheap. Gear boxes either. The best ones are from over seas and that has its own uk importing times and premiums.

.you can always find a 1k gear pump. No hurt feels.

I’m not belittling you. You are taking offence to basically nothing. I never said anything mean to you. I just liked someone sarcastic comment. You’re taking this the wrong way.

3 Likes

I just feel if you have nothing to contribute to the conversation, why bother…

You want that shit, go troll on Reddit.

I don’t take offense to things that aren’t true. I think envy is something that just strives to make you work harder. The latter is what put me where I am today.

1 Like

Not knowing how to select proper inserts for what you’re cutting or correctly set your speeds and feeds when machining is a real weird flex but ok

2 Likes

I never said you belittled me.

You read what I said wrong.

Maybe we conduct business differently. I come from a background of lifting people up, helping who I can, and leaving this world for my kids a better place then when I arrived here.

You’ve given good advice with any Interaction I’ve had with you. You know your shit. No doubt.

But you, more then probably anyone on here, know what it’s like to ask questions and then catch snarky and unproductive comments for no reason.

Why it happens? Jealousy? Envy? Who knows. But it’s the equivalent of two adults having a conversation and your kid keeps interrupting by tugging your pant leg. Then when you finally ask them what they need/want, they respond with “hi”, then runaway.

Just breaks the flow of productiveness in a conversation.

4 Likes

Tap in fam

@Lilibel

1 Like

How was this a shitty comment? Seems like common sense. If you can’t afford the right tool for the job (unfortunately in this case that’s 7k) then continue to use flasks. No hurt feelings…

2 Likes

Trust me I got the best and hardest materials.to work with. I’m not buying harbor freight tooling. Gear pumps are literally that hard of a material.

You’re fabricating outrage because I likes someone’s sarcastic comment. Then you’re looking too deep into it trying to cause some kind of hurt feels and narrative I never ever gave off…not sure what you’re getting at here but you can get over it now. I wasn’t insulting you or pushing you down. Stop fabricating shit like this. I simply liked a sarcastic comment. Are you going to berate everyone on here who like nasty or sarcastic commentary???

1 Like

What value did it add to the conversation?

That’s all I was getting at. I’ve been married almost 20 years. Trust me when I say I have thick skin.

Necessity is the mother of all invention.

My last reply had nothing to do with you attacking me.

Even @FicklePickle picked up on it. All I was pointing out was what value did “if you’re too poor” bring to the conversation? If we all thought that way, we wouldn’t have all these cool toys to play with. I prefer a “meeting of the minds” kind of approach and I thought I could learn something about an ancillary piece of equipment I never used. It was headed in that direction. Hence, the last sentence of the OP (just spitballin’ here).

No need to respond to this. Just adding clarification.

Again.

Peristaltic pumps work decently for feeding smaller wiped films. They do not work well for discharging material, especially ultra hot waste as it melts the lines completely or softens them enough to loose efficacy.

Gear pumps for discharging is the way to go, in my opinion.

Not saying to buy the beaker and wrench gear pump as from what I’ve seen it’s very hit or miss making a proper seal.

I’d buy a china gear pump over beaker and wrench and @greenbuggy knows all too well the issues we’ve had from chinese gear pumps large and small, so that’s saying a lot,

4 Likes

I’m seeing that now. Had a few people here reach out to me in DMs that are looking at the German gear pumps.

It was just an idea that I seen some chatter about in earlier posts and was interested in revisiting it since I don’t know a lot about them.

Was just an interesting concept to me

1 Like

If you want I can offer you a satisfaction money back guarantee on our gear pumps or anything you need me to make sure doesn’t have the issues you’ve listed.

1 Like

I have them. And experience in them. What do you Wana know about German pumps. We use them mostly on ffe systems while there are some nicer German and uk gear pumps for distillate processes.

We purchased one of yours for our large 2 stage.

It works perfectly.

It’s the one that had the faulty VFD but you guys replaced it immediately and has worked very well through 1000s of kgs of crude.

It’s being used at about 80L/hr and pumps very smoothly and evenly.

To be clear for everyone, it’s a Seimens VFD on the pump. The initial VFD being faulty was just a defect and the replacement was shipped immediately and quickly, at the height of covid shutdown.

3 Likes

Amazing. Great to hear. I was just thinking of you guys today and I’m happy to hear it’s powering through.

I’m a huge stickler on high quality. Wait till you see all the items im releasing before 2019 from short paths, to new cls, to new heating systems. We’ve been striving to deliver like the best we can without taking huge compromises for products. I’m not into selling just to sell.

1 Like

What I would love is a technician resistant thermowell for the short paths. I love them but techs always break them so I stopped using it.

They make the difference pulling that last 20 or so micron reliably.

@spdking

1 Like

I use a PTFE 24/40 adapter (5mm) for mine and pull just fine.